GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are We Living The Last Days?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/04/13 at 17:51
Regular
Been Watching the News on Television and Wondered,' What Is this World Coming to?
Mon 22/04/13 at 22:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nin wrote:
Anyway what I was trying to get across was that I consider my own personal ethics far more important than the law. Should the 2 clash, I don\'t give a damn what the law says.

Nail and head again Nin ... go with you sir :¬)
Mon 22/04/13 at 21:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Alfonse wrote:
I was just pointing out that we are beholden to higher powers, whether we consent to it or not

Maybe. Those higher powers would certainly try to stop you should you step out of line but that doesn't mean you don't have to be subordinate to them or that you even should. These higher powers are beholden to society, not the other way round. If everyone in society decided tomorrow that they wanted to walk around naked, not a damn thing could be done about it. They have power because we let them.

Anyway what I was trying to get across was that I consider my own personal ethics far more important than the law. Should the 2 clash, I don't give a damn what the law says.
Mon 22/04/13 at 19:56
Regular
I was just pointing out that we are beholden to higher powers, whether we consent to it or not
Mon 22/04/13 at 16:51
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Alfonse wrote:
I was unaware you moved to a tropical island devoid of law, regulatory bodies and ruling powers.

I was unaware I had said that I did. I have respect for the law but I don't consider myself chained by it, I go along as it suits me and will break it at will if I feel justified.
Nietzsche said it better than I could, something about following the rules only as far as it appeals your own code of ethics.

Can't find the exact quote, it's in Human, All Too Human.
Mon 22/04/13 at 16:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nin wrote:
A life lived under the thumb is not a life lived freely. It\'s about time people started taking personal responsibility instead of passing everything off onto an absent parent.

The 'nail' has been hit squarely on the head ... well done sir!
Mon 22/04/13 at 15:34
Regular
I was unaware you moved to a tropical island devoid of law, regulatory bodies and ruling powers.
Mon 22/04/13 at 14:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Mr.Efagad wrote:
I Think people should\'nt fear death as much as They are alive, Jesus took away all their sins, all they have do is believe in him, infact there is hope for the dead ,\'RESURRECTION\'

To follow any religion is to be afraid. It requires an acknowledgement that you're going to be judged and should behave or else. I reject that on every level, I refuse to be judged, to follow or to live in fear of a higher power, whether real or not.

A life lived under the thumb is not a life lived freely. It's about time people started taking personal responsibility instead of passing everything off onto an absent parent.
Mon 22/04/13 at 10:06
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nin wrote:
Does it even matter? Death is inevitable, nothing lasts, you may as well just get on with enjoying the life you have.

Exactly.

If there is something after you die good, if not then so what you'll be dead and that'll be it!
Mon 22/04/13 at 07:06
Regular
I Think people should'nt fear death as much as They are alive, Jesus took away all their sins, all they have do is believe in him, infact there is hope for the dead ,'RESURRECTION'
Sat 20/04/13 at 22:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
@Nin ... exactly

... but there are always those who have to justify why they will eventually die and who actually acknowledge it, but they always seem to provide a reason why they should be joining the 'other side' in preference to someone else ... as if you have any choice!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.