GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who will win the Australian GP?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/02 at 20:20
Regular
The season opener of the F1 season is this weekend. So who will win the first Grand Prix of the season.

My money's on Coulthard. He drove a brilliant race last year to get up to second and only a few seconds behind Schumacher after starting 8th on the grid. The new McLaren looks good in testing and he should have the advantage over Raikkonen.

Ferrari probably won't be brilliantly fast without their new care but they will be extremely reliable so podioms are very likely.

The BMW engine probably won't benefit from the Australian track without too many long straights. So Williams probably won't be as fast as Coulthard's McLaren.

Of the others practically all the teams will be aiming for points hoping for unreliability of the front runners. Renault and Jordan may challenge for podium places depending on how the McLarens and Williams last out.

That's my opinion, what about yours?
Wed 27/02/02 at 20:20
Regular
"Where's SR?"
The season opener of the F1 season is this weekend. So who will win the first Grand Prix of the season.

My money's on Coulthard. He drove a brilliant race last year to get up to second and only a few seconds behind Schumacher after starting 8th on the grid. The new McLaren looks good in testing and he should have the advantage over Raikkonen.

Ferrari probably won't be brilliantly fast without their new care but they will be extremely reliable so podioms are very likely.

The BMW engine probably won't benefit from the Australian track without too many long straights. So Williams probably won't be as fast as Coulthard's McLaren.

Of the others practically all the teams will be aiming for points hoping for unreliability of the front runners. Renault and Jordan may challenge for podium places depending on how the McLarens and Williams last out.

That's my opinion, what about yours?
Wed 27/02/02 at 20:23
3 little words who schumacher and coulthard will be seeing alot of when the name's above them every race

Juan Pablo Montoya

Finally a guy who claims to drives aggressive and actually does as well. He isn't all talk like Villeneuve, Irvine or Coulthard. The supposed hardmen of the track
Wed 27/02/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Usually, the first round is a car breaker. We don't know how the old Ferrari will compare to the new designs by the other teams. Williams are said to slightly unhappy with their car. McLaren will always produce a steady, speedy car.

I will begrudgingly pick Coulthard although I would like to see Raikkonen win on his McLaren debut.
Wed 27/02/02 at 21:51
Regular
Ben Hodgetts wrote:
> 3 little words who schumacher and coulthard will be seeing alot of when the
> name's above them every race

Juan Pablo Montoya

Finally a guy who claims
> to drives aggressive and actually does as well. He isn't all talk like
> Villeneuve, Irvine or Coulthard. The supposed hardmen of the track

well said montoya will soon become an established championship contender
Wed 27/02/02 at 22:32
Regular
Any of you lot want to join in our Fantasy F1 league?
Details:

Go to www.dreamracers.com and register, which will literally take 2 seconds. All they want is a username, password, your name and email address - that's it.

Once you've registered, you can join the league I've set up, just go to this link:

http://www.dreamracers.com /fantasy/fantasy_plenter.php? passcode=SR-League [SPACES}

You can also enter a team into their own league, which you can win prizes in. No prizes will be available in our little league, by the way.

They do it like this:

You get £75million, pick test driver, and 2 full time drivers, tyres, engine and chassis.

Scoring details:
Qualifying
Pole position driver +5 points
Driver failing to qualify -5 points
Drivers will only be penalised for failing to qualify if they put in a time outside 107% of the time made by the driver in pole position (i.e. failing to qualify as in FIA rules). Should a driver allowed to participate in a race, even though he is outside the 107% time, he will NOT be deducted 5 points.

Race
Drivers
ALL DRIVERS SCORE OR LOSE POINTS, TEST DRIVER INCLUDED

Finishing position:
1st 10 points
2nd 6 points
3rd 4 points
4th 3 points
5th 2 points
6th 1 point

Drivers will be awarded 1 point for two positions they make up on their original grid position, but will NOT be deducted points for losing places.

i.e.
Driver 'a' starts the race in 10th position and finishes in 7th, and is awarded 1 point
Driver 'b' starts in 6th and finishes in 2rd, and is awarded 8 points (6 for 2nd and 2 for made positions)

Any driver failing to finish the first lap will be deducted 5 points, and should no-one retire on lap 0, then the first retirement will be penalised, and any driver retiring on that same lap.

Should a driver, for whatever reason, during the course of the season not attend a race weekend (i.e. - injury, sacked, or has no team), no substitutions will be allowed. However, he will not score or lose points either.

Driver setting the fastest lap scores 1 bonus point

Chassis
Chassis will only score for its highest placed car, and then will be awarded points in the same manner as the finishing positions (1st to 6th place awarded 10 to 1 points as set out for the drivers).

NO RETIREMENT PENALTY FOR CHASSIS.

Engine
Engines score points for their finishing positions (1st to 6th place awarded 10 to 1 points as above) but with a retirement penalty as set out for the drivers. Both engines can score points and can also lose points; every engine retirement loses 1 point.

Tyres
Tyres score 5 points for each win.

NO RETIREMENT PENALTY FOR TYRES.

Tie-Breaker
For your tie-break question you must guess at the total time for pole position for the entire 2002 season.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To get it a bit more interesting, get your mates to join our league as well. The more people there are, the better it'll be.

And that's it! See you in there.
Thu 28/02/02 at 16:55
Regular
"Great Scott's"
I believe that no one with finish the race, everybody will retire.

I wonder if that has ever happened in motor sport history!
Thu 28/02/02 at 18:34
Regular
"None Stored"
It will be one of the schumacher brothers who will win the Australian GP.
Thu 28/02/02 at 20:04
Regular
"Where's SR?"
First impressions of testing can never really be trusted Teams sometimes are overenthusiastic to impress sponsers and sometimes play down an advantage to keep other teams from copying things on the car.
Thu 28/02/02 at 23:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Did anyone see the F1 Preview show on Sky Sports? They were so building up the digital service and it looks excellent. Damn, I would pay £12 for that!
Thu 28/02/02 at 23:51
Regular
"..."
Too hard to say, too many question marks over speed and reliabilty. although saying that I have a funny feeling about Montoya this season...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.