GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OMG !!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/02 at 20:07
Regular
To my surprise my Dad bought me an RGB cable today, He had no idea what it was or what it does but at £2 (Brand new) he thought it might be a bargin and he was right!!!! I wasn't too keen on RGB cables because of the "green" screen effect when watching DVDs but the boost from the cable suplied to using the RGB cable is unmeasurable and my TV does not have an RGB mode. It's like using a moniter on the highest resolution and I ain't kidding!!!!

My advise is to pick up one of these things and stop using the cruddy one supplied!!!!
Wed 27/02/02 at 20:07
Regular
"Back For Good"
To my surprise my Dad bought me an RGB cable today, He had no idea what it was or what it does but at £2 (Brand new) he thought it might be a bargin and he was right!!!! I wasn't too keen on RGB cables because of the "green" screen effect when watching DVDs but the boost from the cable suplied to using the RGB cable is unmeasurable and my TV does not have an RGB mode. It's like using a moniter on the highest resolution and I ain't kidding!!!!

My advise is to pick up one of these things and stop using the cruddy one supplied!!!!
Wed 27/02/02 at 20:10
Regular
I am getting one on saturday
Wed 27/02/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Back For Good"
Kid Rock wrote:
> I am getting one on saturday

You WON'T regret it, I promise you that. I've noticed using the cable looses 90% of any jagged edges, everythings EXTREMELY sharp and "clear" is the best word. I was playing GT3 when I swapped them and the speedometer red thing was a bit jaggy before, not a single line now!!!!! I think my TV does support RGB, it switches on whenever you use it :-D

get and see the difference ;-)
Wed 27/02/02 at 21:04
i might get one now.
Wed 27/02/02 at 21:10
Regular
yup im getting one on saturday for £14.99
Thu 28/02/02 at 11:45
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I have the same problem with red colours on my tv. It's noticable more on P.E.S, the red dots on the radar, cos it's the only game i play aswell.

Can you tell us the make and exact details of the cable you got. I've read reviews about a Blaze Ultimate cable and others, but which make is yours?

Cheers

Mark
Thu 28/02/02 at 16:03
Regular
"  "
the red on my >>>WIDESCREEN T.V.<<<<<<<< (Not boasting of course *snort*) always appears very bright and spread out and between red and another colour there is a kinday orange boarder...do u think it will help?
Thu 28/02/02 at 16:06
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
There are quite a few RGB/scart leads about, is there any discernable difference between them? I had a look on amazon and they all seem to get patchy reviews.....Has anyone got one that is definitively 'the nuts'...thanks
Thu 28/02/02 at 19:47
Regular
Na†ßu© wrote:
> the red on my >>>WIDESCREEN T.V.<<<<<<<< (Not
> boasting of course *snort*)

and how many inches is your widescreen?

any way im getting me cable on saturday
Thu 28/02/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Back For Good"
oasismark wrote:
Can you tell
> us the make and exact details of the cable you got. I've read reviews about a
> Blaze Ultimate cable and others, but which make is yours?
Cheers
Mark

Mine's actually a PS1 RGB cable which probably explains the price, doesn't matter though, the pins, cable, output is all the same size and works like a charm. It's the offical RGB PS1 lead ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.