GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/12/02 at 19:13
Regular
If u didn't know, the ps2 is going online, but u ave 2 ave a broadband connection which is where u pay about £25 a month for unlimeted online time and i'm not allowed broadband so i won't be able 2 get it online and i'm worried that all the best games wil be wasted by putting them online and then there wil not be a good offline game!! R any of u worried about dis 2?
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:10
"High polygon count"
"Pay As U Play"

PAUPers for short.

:-)
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:35
Regular
Don’t worry about it - at least not for a few more years. Why? Well broadband can't and won't sweep change in the games market overnight due to the following reasons...

Very large areas can't get broadband yet, and lots of these area's are not even on an upgrade list. So lots of people won't be going broadband, because they can't. Since they can't, all those people will not be buying up online console games. The fewer games for broadband are sold, the slower the games will get released, as the people who design them will be afraid of loosing money (not enough people to buy the stuff).

So onto the issue of money. You must be connected to broadband, which will cost you at least £20 a month. Then come the *extra* costs which are needed in order to get access to console content (ie, Sony PS2 or XBox game connections). We don't yet know how much this will be. XBox looks set for a fixed XBox per month fee. PS2 may go "pay as u play". On top of this, you still need to buy your game discs just as you do now. All of this is likely to require a debit account and/or credit or debit card. I know of 2 locations in my area which have broadband, but I bet that only a fraction of the population in both locations have signed up.
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:15
Nope because i've got broardband.
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:13
If u didn't know, the ps2 is going online, but u ave 2 ave a broadband connection which is where u pay about £25 a month for unlimeted online time and i'm not allowed broadband so i won't be able 2 get it online and i'm worried that all the best games wil be wasted by putting them online and then there wil not be a good offline game!! R any of u worried about dis 2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.