GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who makes?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/12/02 at 19:53
Regular
Various times it has crossed my mind whilst playing games (yes I am sad) who makes the sound effects, who does the voice overs for the characters etc.

Imagine your whole career consisting of making the noises for games, would it be great... or quite repetitive, and give you really bad migranes, and cause stress, oh so much stress!

Poor guys.
Wed 04/12/02 at 20:15
I always think when music is playing in games...woah thats cool, they must have got an orchestra and the full works!

Then theres the weird noises in games like Zelda where I wonder how they knew they would find something that could make those funny noises. Must be hard to put together stuff that is just right, but hey, its there job.

And that guy with that Mario cut out, lol, he was VERY happy.

(:)
Wed 04/12/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
You see a machine makes most of those noises. A humans voice cannot make bleeps. What a human can do is provide voices. And that wouldn't get repetetive either as they only have to say their piece once. They don't go ouch! a hundred times for every time Lara Croft walks into a wall (actually it's more a pleasured groan but...)

It's like Roadrunner. Meep. They double it over.

"A beautiful Lady."
Wed 04/12/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
There's that guy who does the voice for Mario- supposedly enjoys it. Well, at least I think so- and he did look kinda happy in that photo of him and that Cut-out Mario.

:)
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:53
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Various times it has crossed my mind whilst playing games (yes I am sad) who makes the sound effects, who does the voice overs for the characters etc.

Imagine your whole career consisting of making the noises for games, would it be great... or quite repetitive, and give you really bad migranes, and cause stress, oh so much stress!

Poor guys.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.