GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega GT 2002 makes the GT series look very very bad."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sega GT 2002'.
Wed 04/12/02 at 22:33
Regular
I was amazed how good this game was. I have only ever liked tow racing games, they are mario kart 64 and wacky races. But this has a brilliant pick up and play appeal.

When i first played GT 1 back on the playstation it was so frustrating because doing those stupid licenses was so annoying. It was broken when i hurled it agianst a cupboard.

Still Sega GT 2002 makes those "greatest racer titles" look like noddy cars.
Fri 06/12/02 at 11:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> For me, GT3 is still the king of racers. But then you would expect me
> to say that, I guess. But as far as Xbox goes, I think PGR is better
> than Sega GT.

I totally agree. Sega GT 2002 isnt exactly that good in my view. I heard that it has only a few championships. Sega GT on the DC wasnt very good either, I had that for £20 so I wasnt too disappointed. The GT series is one of the best series of racing game ever. I suppose it depends on your view and whether it appeals.
Fri 06/12/02 at 10:32
"High polygon count"
Played the demo of Sega GT, and didn't like it one bit. I found the cars looked far too shiny, like the early pre-release demos of GT3, and appear to 'float' over the road in the replays. And the handling S U C K E D. Like steering a lawnmower through treacle.

For me, GT3 is still the king of racers. But then you would expect me to say that, I guess. But as far as Xbox goes, I think PGR is better than Sega GT.
Thu 05/12/02 at 10:24
Regular
I have to say, I bought a PS2 just to play GT3, and I was disappointed. It was too realistic.

When I read the review of Sega GT 2002, it said that it was basically Gran Turismo on Xbox, so I didn't even think about buying it.

But when on eBay I saw Morrowind, Sega GT and JSRF for auction, so I got all three for £41.

I've played Sega GT a bit now, and I really like it. It's a top game. Can't remember what car and stuff I've got, as I've been doing too much uni work recently to play it :-(
Wed 04/12/02 at 22:33
Regular
"I confused?"
I was amazed how good this game was. I have only ever liked tow racing games, they are mario kart 64 and wacky races. But this has a brilliant pick up and play appeal.

When i first played GT 1 back on the playstation it was so frustrating because doing those stupid licenses was so annoying. It was broken when i hurled it agianst a cupboard.

Still Sega GT 2002 makes those "greatest racer titles" look like noddy cars.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.