GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Region X question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/12/02 at 23:25
Regular
DVD Region X never kinda interested me that much, but now that I am slightly more interested in films I am thinking of purchasing it. Considering that I am not exactly an expert in televisions, and DVD Region X needing an NTSC compatible television, I am wondering whether my TV is compatible. I have a 14" ALBA in my room and a 21" Grunding upstairs. So could someone please enlighten me how I can check that these TVs are compatible with DVD Region X. Thanks homies :)
Fri 06/12/02 at 10:50
I have a scart socket on my TV and it doesn't support NTSC. Its quite old too.

Depends on the manufacturer and production date probably?

Why?
Fri 06/12/02 at 00:20
Regular
Ye, they can usually support NTSC if they have a scart socket. I got a 5 year+ old 14" Sony which supports NTSC.
Fri 06/12/02 at 00:16
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Triple_H wrote:
>Oh and Wookster-Saturday, we are coming for
> ya!!!!!!!!

Hell Yeh
Thu 05/12/02 at 22:39
Regular
"You Bum!!"
They both have SCART sockets ya. Ill just have to do a bit more research. Thanks anyway. Oh and Wookster-Saturday, we are coming for ya!!!!!!!!
Thu 05/12/02 at 10:09
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
If they have a scart socket in the back it's more than likely they support NTSC. I have an 8 year old 14" combi that supports NTSC .
Thu 05/12/02 at 02:01
"High polygon count"
It should tell you in the manuals.

Can't be any more help without knowing the model numbers. You could try looking up info on the net using the model numbers.

I won't swear to this, but at a guess, I would say that the 14" almost certainly won't support NTSC, whereas the 21" might, depending on the age of the unit.
Wed 04/12/02 at 23:25
Regular
"You Bum!!"
DVD Region X never kinda interested me that much, but now that I am slightly more interested in films I am thinking of purchasing it. Considering that I am not exactly an expert in televisions, and DVD Region X needing an NTSC compatible television, I am wondering whether my TV is compatible. I have a 14" ALBA in my room and a 21" Grunding upstairs. So could someone please enlighten me how I can check that these TVs are compatible with DVD Region X. Thanks homies :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.