GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"review of die hard vendetta gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Die Hard Vendetta'.
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:14
Regular
die hard vendetta -
firslty let me say how impressed i was with this game, id read so many bad reviews on it and i was beginning to see why whe i decided to play the training level, its poor and boring and not really necessary, so i suggest skipping it, but the actual game its self is good, having only played the first 5 or so levels here are my main pros and cons:
Pros -
1)the levels are well designed and interesting, they take place in realistic environments, and have a good story line,
2) the voice acting, whilst some of the character models are a bit average, the voice of john mclane is excellent, not sure if it is bruce willis but i doubt it, anyway it sounds exactly like him,
3) the one liners are hillarious, just like all great ones from the films,
4) the language, its about time there was a game which reflected real life a bit more, theres great use of colourful language such as F*** this, and motherf**ker that, it make the story more realistic,
6) the weapons are good and the ammo is generous yet not stupidly over the top

cons -
1) the graphics arent up to the high standards of timesplitters but then not many fps are,
2) the language - might not be suitable for younger gamers,
3) the training level
4) some fo the levels take a bit or thinking as you have to find ways around obstacles such as locked gates, and this can involve jumping onto roofs and looking for ways to jump over obstacles, not what everyone wants in a fps.

conclusion
Dont expect this to beat ts2 it wont, but its a lot better than either 007 agent under fire and nightfire,
its a lot better than any review ive read on it, and its the 2nd best fps ive played on the cube,

untitled
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:50
Regular
"aliens exist"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The high standards of TSP2 Graphics?
>
> I'm sorry but although nice, the graphics in TSP2 weren't that
> amazing. I'd have to say the later levels in Die Hard such as the
> Prison break and Tuna Factory makes TSP2 look almost bland.

but the backgrounds on ts2 are smooth and look realistic whilst the character models, ok they are cartoonish but they also have good actions and movement, whilst die hards backgrounds arent as smooth and are quite blocky, also the character models (such as al and most of the other cops you can talk to) look like EA style funny sort of real people heads on cartoonish bodies - like goldeneye and nightfire,

i agree ts2 graphics arent the best ever but they are better than die hard
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:46
Regular
"aliens exist"
Possum in a bottle wrote:
> Untitled, you can't put the same thing in 2 forums, it's considered as
> copying and spamming which results in banning (maybe) Just be careful.

how is it copying when i wrote it?
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:28
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Untitled, you can't put the same thing in 2 forums, it's considered as copying and spamming which results in banning (maybe) Just be careful.
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:19
Regular
The high standards of TSP2 Graphics?

I'm sorry but although nice, the graphics in TSP2 weren't that amazing. I'd have to say the later levels in Die Hard such as the Prison break and Tuna Factory makes TSP2 look almost bland.
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:14
Regular
"aliens exist"
die hard vendetta -
firslty let me say how impressed i was with this game, id read so many bad reviews on it and i was beginning to see why whe i decided to play the training level, its poor and boring and not really necessary, so i suggest skipping it, but the actual game its self is good, having only played the first 5 or so levels here are my main pros and cons:
Pros -
1)the levels are well designed and interesting, they take place in realistic environments, and have a good story line,
2) the voice acting, whilst some of the character models are a bit average, the voice of john mclane is excellent, not sure if it is bruce willis but i doubt it, anyway it sounds exactly like him,
3) the one liners are hillarious, just like all great ones from the films,
4) the language, its about time there was a game which reflected real life a bit more, theres great use of colourful language such as F*** this, and motherf**ker that, it make the story more realistic,
6) the weapons are good and the ammo is generous yet not stupidly over the top

cons -
1) the graphics arent up to the high standards of timesplitters but then not many fps are,
2) the language - might not be suitable for younger gamers,
3) the training level
4) some fo the levels take a bit or thinking as you have to find ways around obstacles such as locked gates, and this can involve jumping onto roofs and looking for ways to jump over obstacles, not what everyone wants in a fps.

conclusion
Dont expect this to beat ts2 it wont, but its a lot better than either 007 agent under fire and nightfire,
its a lot better than any review ive read on it, and its the 2nd best fps ive played on the cube,

untitled

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.