GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"star wars :the clone wars - warning dont buy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes'.
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:31
Regular
this game is poor, v poor, if you played Rogue leader do not buy this, it will dissapoint. The graphics are poor, the levels are boring and unimaginative.
i could write a 20 page report on why not to buy this but i'll try and keep it short and sweet,
if u love star wars, (LIKE ME) you will hate this, it lets the films down terribly.
the pros and cons are

Pros -
1) its star wars, so it will sell well, but it shouldnt.
2) its star wars.
3) thats about it!

cons - where so i start
1) the levels are boring, theres not thought its jsut shoot shoot shoot, which i dont mind, if its done with skill like in rogue leader, where x wings test your skill, but this doesnt. everthing is always right in front of you and with an automatic lock on you cant miss.
2) the levels where you fight on foot with a light-saber, you think would be good, but no!, the characters run awkwardly, and the levels are soo short its a joke,
3) SLOW DOWN, the worsdt i have ever experienced. how does this happen on a console liek the cube?? in one fight seen the slow down went so badly that it must have been running at about 2frames per second, this lasted for about 30 seconds and then went back to normal, until the nest time,
4) the ground levels see you driving a vehicle of sum description which is boring and very linear, and the flying levels are slow and compared to rogue leader jsut dull
5)after about the 5th level i lost interest , luckily it was only hired but if i had just wasted £40 on this i would have gone mad

conclusion -
if u love star wars either buy rogue leader or wait for bounty hunter, do not buy this, repeat do not buy this you will be dissapointed, you have been warned,

This game will appeal to -
1) people with more oney than sense,
2) people who are so blind to the star wars brand name that they will buy anything
3)people who love boring repetitive linear games
4) people who think boring games like sonic adventure 2 battle and driven are exciting, edge of the seat masterpeices.

untitled
Thu 05/12/02 at 22:29
Regular
I rented it at the weekend, completed it in one day.

It was way to short but the levels weren't bad, and flying the clone ships are very cool, especially the 4 homing lasers...it did feel like the film...for all of 5 minutes, until you go back to you crappy jedi hovercraft type thing again ;)
Thu 05/12/02 at 13:34
"Darkness, always"
What I really want to see is another decent simulator like X-Wing: Alliance.

It's been too long since LucasArts abandoned the X-Wing series. With the grapahical capacities of todays consoles and PCs, this series could have a great new breath of life.
Thu 05/12/02 at 13:24
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Oh well, another decent Star Wars license gets destroyed...story of my life...
Thu 05/12/02 at 13:23
"Darkness, always"
too late to take it back. Might eBay it at some point though, should still fetch about £20 or so.

Jedi Knight 2 was by far a more worthy purchase, even though I also have it on my PC...
Thu 05/12/02 at 13:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Unbeliever wrote:
> There's nothing like the madness of confusion! Anyway, I think Bounty
> Hunter will be the best Star Wars game released...

I wouldn't hole you're breath on Bounty Hunter, it's been getting some pretty average reviews on the PS2.
Thu 05/12/02 at 13:01
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Take it back and get something decent like TS2 or ED...or MP4..
Thu 05/12/02 at 12:53
"Darkness, always"
I bought Clone Wars, I wasn't impressed.
Thu 05/12/02 at 12:50
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Heh heh! :p

There's nothing like the madness of confusion! Anyway, I think Bounty Hunter will be the best Star Wars game released...
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:51
Regular
"aliens exist"
wot? i meant jedi knight, its a diff game, and secondly of course i read the post, i wrote it!
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:41
Regular
Untitled wrote:
> is it any good?

Didn't you read the post!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.