GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"americand to get free zelda games to- so better had to!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:40
Regular
taken from www.gamernewsnetwork.com

Like the Japanese, the American audience will be given the bonus disc with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker containing Ocarina of Time, and Ura Zelda (Ocarina of Time: Master Quest). The disc will be free for people who pre-order the game for the March release. You can go ahead and get started at EBgames.com.
As some of you may not know, Ura Zelda, was a remix of some type, of Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64DD, which was never released. If any of you can remember back that far, 64DD was proably one of the biggest let downs in console history, atleast in my opinion. The system add on, which was based on magnetic storage cartridges, never was released, as with the Ura Zelda game.

Planet Gamecube who was also the breaking source for this information, recently posted some Japanese posters of the game. One of the images in question is the one below, which could possibly be the Ura emblem.

:. In other news, again, thanks to Planet Gamecube SEGA will be helping develop third party tools for online abilties for both the Playstation 2 and Gamecube. The technology, called SNAP, will allow developers to easily implement online capabilities into their games, in an attempt to increase the growth of console online gaming.
Fri 06/12/02 at 14:08
Regular
"NJAN"
ok good point. but what good is level updates if you have no-where to put them? ie. the main thing the ps2 and the xbox have against the cube is hard drives (xbox having one and ps2 with one in near finished development). sure the panosonic sd cards could be used to store one new level but they are really expensive and you would need to get a new one for each major download (>50mb) if ya wanna keep it. and sure, nintendo might bring out a hard drive, some day. but with the amount of time that they take to announce things, not to mind do/implement them, im not gonna hold my breath!
Amos.
Fri 06/12/02 at 14:01
Regular
amos wrote:
> also ura zelda isnt something i wanna get my hands on either. the
> origional idea was excellent for the DD; updating the levels, adding
> dungeons, real world time etc but that cant happen with a static
> disc.

> Amos.

um, one word broadband
one major reason for broadband on consoles is to be able to download updates, like on Xbox in Splinter Cell and UC
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Have the Americans got a confirmed release date for Zelda: The Wind Waker yet??

I think it is now very likely that we WILL get this game now.
I reckon that Nintendo will announce the PAL details on these games when they finally give-us a final Zelda GC release date.
Or if they like us... Even before that!!
We could even hear about it next week, it seems to be each one confirmed week-after-week now...
Thu 05/12/02 at 22:24
Regular
"NJAN"
for one, i dont think the game is gay but it seems pretty basic to me.
ive said this before but, how can nintendo expect doshin to do well up against games like black and white? sure b&w -> pc and doshin -> gc but my point still holds. games such as black and white are so much more complex and involving than the likes of doshin.
the game was only ok years ago when the DD was released (according to previews/reviews) and, even though i havent played it, i dont think it is a game that retains its quality over time.

also ura zelda isnt something i wanna get my hands on either. the origional idea was excellent for the DD; updating the levels, adding dungeons, real world time etc but that cant happen with a static disc.
from what i read, ura zelda is OOT ver. 1.1, or something to that effect.

although, can you imagine it as a collectors item??? game released on two consoles, unchanged, by the same company. could rake up in value in a bunch of years.

Amos.
Thu 05/12/02 at 20:48
"The Will of D."
Boss_Pac_Man2 wrote:
> the americans arn't getting Doshin tho. nintendo probably thinks most
> americans will think it's 'gay'

True, even though I'm not American I think it's GAY.

> I dont blame them. america is full of superficial idiots and people in
> trucker caps claiming that everything they install themselves works
> fine.

LOL! and then they are the ones who are actually GAY, with the head manager being called Wallen Smithers.
Thu 05/12/02 at 20:42
"+ suspicious minds"
the americans arn't getting Doshin tho. nintendo probably thinks most americans will think it's 'gay'

I dont blame them. america is ful of superficial idiots and people in trucker caps claiming that everything they install themselves works fine.
Thu 05/12/02 at 20:37
"The Will of D."
Me too, the japs are always pulling our leg with great deals only to not even release them out of their country.
Thu 05/12/02 at 18:24
It's true, the Americans are getting it, as much as we all thought it would only be the Japanese. Well I did, anyway.
Thu 05/12/02 at 17:28
"The Will of D."
LOL!
Thu 05/12/02 at 17:28
Regular
Doshin was a 64DD game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.