GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This Logo..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/12/02 at 16:22
Regular
Looks like Nintendo's remake of Disneys Mulan. Just look at the bottom writing and the sea. Is Link in China this time?!?

And the Boat looks like Vikings are back in fashion.

Let me just clear this up...I think the name of Link's new adventure is rubbish but the game is going to be something special. Can't wait.

p.s Darkus could make a better logo. And that's in a nice way.

http://www.cube-europe.com/newsphp/ (space) showpik.php?pic=http://www.cube-europe.com/ (space) newsgfx/zeldawindwakerlogo.jpg
Thu 05/12/02 at 16:22
"Uzi Lover"
Looks like Nintendo's remake of Disneys Mulan. Just look at the bottom writing and the sea. Is Link in China this time?!?

And the Boat looks like Vikings are back in fashion.

Let me just clear this up...I think the name of Link's new adventure is rubbish but the game is going to be something special. Can't wait.

p.s Darkus could make a better logo. And that's in a nice way.

http://www.cube-europe.com/newsphp/ (space) showpik.php?pic=http://www.cube-europe.com/ (space) newsgfx/zeldawindwakerlogo.jpg
Thu 05/12/02 at 17:00
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think they should have kept the sword/shield combo behind the 'Z'... and then incorporated the dragon boat as well...

Looks wierd without the old sword/shield on it...
Thu 05/12/02 at 17:04
"Uzi Lover"
I think it looks fake for some reason...
Thu 05/12/02 at 17:07
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Indeed, it does look rather suspect. I mean, pretty much every Zelda game had the Sword and Shield behind the Z, it's breaking a tradition! It's also really basic. I mean, there's nothing outstanding there really.

They should totally remodel that.
Thu 05/12/02 at 17:16
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Hrrmm...I hate it fristly,

Its nothing special, it looks kinda 'Retro' and The title is just red and the logo is very.. Boring.

The title has of crouse kept to the Cel shaded theme but image the Sword and shield all the same like the others but in cel shaded it would look great.

Also its kinda too wide...
Thu 05/12/02 at 17:31
"Uzi Lover"
Give me a little artwork and I could make the logo like they have in Fireworks or Photoshop and I suck at it.
Thu 05/12/02 at 18:14
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> I think it looks fake for some reason...

EXACTLY what I thought! But what does this mean? Hmm...probably nothing. :)
Thu 05/12/02 at 20:36
"+ suspicious minds"
hhhhm. not so good. but I dont really like the SMS box, the lines look a little unsettling.
Thu 05/12/02 at 20:48
Regular
Boss_Pac_Man2 wrote:
> hhhhm. not so good. but I dont really like the SMS box, the lines look
> a little unsettling.

Mary Poppins had a better box than SMS, and that's saying something...
Thu 05/12/02 at 21:48
Regular
"NJAN"
first of all, i agree that the logo looks plain/boring and the sword/shield combo is missing but...
i like it! i agree with evil~dark that it keeps with the toon shading style of the game. but is it just me or can ye remember too how we were all complainin bout the new style when we first saw it.
i recon that in a month we will be accepting it as we now accept the toon shading.
Amos.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.