GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The worst night of my life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 12:12
Regular
Last night was indeffinately the worst night of my life. I have an ear infection which is painful but i have my mocks on so I have to revise regardless of and suffering. I spent the majority of my evening revising and went to bed.

At 2am I woke up in agony. If you are familiar with the feeling you get in your ears when landing in a plane then multiply that by about 1,000 and you are close to seeing how much it hurt. I went downstairs to take some painkillers and fell down the bottom few stairs because I was shaking so much. I got to the medicine cabinet and took two paracetamols and went to sit down. The painkillers didnt work and my parents noticed I was up and called the emergency doctor.

The emergency doctor asked how many painkillers I had taken and told me I had exceeded the dosage by 4 tablets and could need my stomach pumping. He then asked about my pain and said I probably have meningitis.

He gave me some more painkillers (non paracetamol ones) and by about 5am I got to sleep. But my 5:30 I was awake again with shooting pains down both sides of my body and got up again and didnt sleep.

I have now had to miss my exams which I spent all night revising for, I have to go to the doctors to get different painkillers because any more paracetamol in the next 48 hours could kill me. I also need to have meningitis tests so im pretty nervous.

Well, that was my night, doesnt it sound lovelly?
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Black pepper?"
Good, good.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:56
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Tommy Vercetti wrote:
> I oh and my sister had meningitis when she was 4 she pulled through
> hopefully you will. And sorry for the other night. :-)

Its all cool, dont worry about it.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Black pepper?"
Yeah I know how ya' feel, when I was younger I've had gromets put in and taken out becuase I've got "glue ear" and I used to have to go hospitail every 3 motnhs for a check up. I know what the pain is like, and once I had it that bad the "glue ear" really became it as all this goo used to come from my ear and it used to reek.

I oh and my sister had meningitis when she was 4 she pulled through hopefully you will. And sorry for the other night. :-)
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yeah my neck is all swolen and sore too. The glans are swolen and its making my throat sore so its hard to breathe and swallow any food. The pain has spread down my jaw and its now giving me toothache aswell!

I really hope its gone soon!
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:36
Regular
"¬_¬"
I also got a horrible crick in my neck from sitting strangely due to the pain, and had to walk around looking at things sideways for a week, heh heh.

Don't worry mate though, it'll be fine by tomorrow, I guarantee. It'll be quite bad then it'll suddenly go. Well, not suddenly. But you'll be OK.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:34
Regular
"¬_¬"
I had this at Easter, and I totally feel your pain. I spent an entire night actually crying - not because I'm a wuss, but because it was agonising. I was put on antibiotics, and got to miss my BCG injections :~}, but I'd much rather have that than the infection.

Apparently, my eardrums were about to burst, and it was agonising just touching the side of my neck, as it was all swollen and I looked like a fat person who has no neck :D.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I got back from the doctors and it was a different doctor than before and he says the other doctor wrongly prescribed me antibiotics that had no effect on me. Basically I suffered for 5 days unnecessarily. Now I have some that will (God willing) work, some nice painkillers and some ear drops. All should be well, but I have fluffed my mocks up already. Ah well, thats life.

Thanks to everyone for showing concern, made me feel warm inside it did. I am loved, *weeps with joy*
Fri 06/12/02 at 16:34
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
Hope you get better soon Kyle, we cant cope without you good posts everyday.
Fri 06/12/02 at 16:32
Regular
"I like cheese"
Sorry to hear that mate, hope you're okay and make sure to keep us updated.
Fri 06/12/02 at 16:30
Oh my god, if I woke up in the middle of the night I would probably freak out if I had a bad ear ache.

Hope you feel better soon mate!

(:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.