GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda: Wind Walker Info..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Fri 06/12/02 at 14:18
Regular
Taken from www.Nintendo.co.uk - again:

"This is the big one. The Legend of Zelda, a series the mere mention of which makes most gamers twitch uncontrollably with excitement, is coming to Nintendo GameCube - in a brand new adventure and a brand new look. And now it has a name, too - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker."

"The adventure begins on our young hero's 12th birthday, the tranquillity of Link's island existence shattered when his younger sister is kidnapped by a monstrous bird. Donning that familiar green tunic (which we learn is a birthday gift from his kindly gran), Link embarks on a long, perilous journey to rescue his little sibling."

"That journey is packed with just the kind of genre-defying brilliance that you've come to expect from The Legend of Zelda. Swing, slice, parry with your trusty sword; solve puzzles with the aid of new items like the grappling hook; stand agape as breathtakingly vast landscapes stretch off into the distance - landscapes you can fully explore and interact with. And, of course, soak up another spellbinding The Legend of Zelda plot."

"And then there are those visuals. We call it Toon Rendering, and it gives The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker a spectacular 'living cartoon' look that has to be seen to be believed."

"It's in the action - the vividly-coloured sparks that fly from Link's sword in battle, the room-sized lava monsters that glow, shimmer and smoulder in a dazzling array of deep reds, fiery oranges and intense yellows that make you feel hot."

"But it's also in the faces of Link and his friends and foes. Even in still screenshots like the ones above, Link's big, sad eyes and trembling lip as he waves goodbye to his island friends are enough to break your heart. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is full of expressive moments like this: Link and co. look recognisably shocked, angry, suspicious, curious, happy, jovial - all thanks to Mr Shigeru Miyamoto and his team's unrivalled visual skills."

"So, why 'The Wind Waker'? Because in this adventure, Link controls the wind using a special Baton, steering his boat between islands by shifting the breeze in his favour. There's more to the wind theme than just that, of course - but we're not here to spoil all the surprises..."

------------

Sounds great, and it seems to get even-better everytime we read something new about the new Legend of Zelda game.

So Link uses his 'Wand of Wind' to change the wind's direction in order to sail to different places with his boat then... Interesting!
I wonder what else the wand's used for that they won't tell us??

How could any GameCube owner NOT buy this game!!???
Fri 06/12/02 at 14:47
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
LOL Can just see Link dressed as Michael Jackson and doing a wind walk instead of MJ's moonwalk, Classic.
Fri 06/12/02 at 14:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
D'oh! Just realised I put "Walker" in the title instead of "Waker"!

I knew I'd do that sooner or later! :)
Fri 06/12/02 at 14:37
Regular
simple, they get it for their birthday
Fri 06/12/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Taken from www.Nintendo.co.uk - again:

"This is the big one. The Legend of Zelda, a series the mere mention of which makes most gamers twitch uncontrollably with excitement, is coming to Nintendo GameCube - in a brand new adventure and a brand new look. And now it has a name, too - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker."

"The adventure begins on our young hero's 12th birthday, the tranquillity of Link's island existence shattered when his younger sister is kidnapped by a monstrous bird. Donning that familiar green tunic (which we learn is a birthday gift from his kindly gran), Link embarks on a long, perilous journey to rescue his little sibling."

"That journey is packed with just the kind of genre-defying brilliance that you've come to expect from The Legend of Zelda. Swing, slice, parry with your trusty sword; solve puzzles with the aid of new items like the grappling hook; stand agape as breathtakingly vast landscapes stretch off into the distance - landscapes you can fully explore and interact with. And, of course, soak up another spellbinding The Legend of Zelda plot."

"And then there are those visuals. We call it Toon Rendering, and it gives The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker a spectacular 'living cartoon' look that has to be seen to be believed."

"It's in the action - the vividly-coloured sparks that fly from Link's sword in battle, the room-sized lava monsters that glow, shimmer and smoulder in a dazzling array of deep reds, fiery oranges and intense yellows that make you feel hot."

"But it's also in the faces of Link and his friends and foes. Even in still screenshots like the ones above, Link's big, sad eyes and trembling lip as he waves goodbye to his island friends are enough to break your heart. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is full of expressive moments like this: Link and co. look recognisably shocked, angry, suspicious, curious, happy, jovial - all thanks to Mr Shigeru Miyamoto and his team's unrivalled visual skills."

"So, why 'The Wind Waker'? Because in this adventure, Link controls the wind using a special Baton, steering his boat between islands by shifting the breeze in his favour. There's more to the wind theme than just that, of course - but we're not here to spoil all the surprises..."

------------

Sounds great, and it seems to get even-better everytime we read something new about the new Legend of Zelda game.

So Link uses his 'Wand of Wind' to change the wind's direction in order to sail to different places with his boat then... Interesting!
I wonder what else the wand's used for that they won't tell us??

How could any GameCube owner NOT buy this game!!???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.