GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ANYONE REMEMBER.... SEGA WORLD???????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 16:37
Regular
I was just clearing out a cupboard in my bedroom, and as I was shifting through all the rubbish, I found an item that suddenly fludded back memories!!!!! I found a 'Sega World - London' keyring!!!!!!!! I bought it years ago when I went to Sega World in London with my friend....... IT WAS AMAZING! Probably one of my favourite places ever.

So what I want to know is............ Does anyone remember Sega World? Did anyone go there???

The main thinga that stick in my mind about Sega World were the amazing rides and the huge esculators, as well as the huge silver and neon lights. It was a magical experience. Such a shame I only went once, apparently it has closed down now! It was in Picaddily Circus.

Great, great memories!
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:51
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Its changed its name! Thats how it has changed, its no longer owned by Sega! Called Fun Land!!! :(

Does it still ONLY do Sega games? Are the merchandise Sega merchandise?
Tue 10/12/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Dont think its closed down. I've been within the last year and it was still there.

Its in the Troccadero(sp?) center.

Its changed it name from sega world though.
Sat 07/12/02 at 16:20
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Same here! For some reason, I have really, really vague memories of it, I don't know why! Probably cos I went in 1996 (thats the date on the back of the keyring)... I remember only buying the keyring cos the merchandise was sooo expensive. hehe.

If you think about it, those keyrings must be really rare, cos they have SEGA WORLD printed on them in the Sega lettering with a picture of sonic, with LONDON printed on it. I doubt that many were made.

I also remember outside of Sega World, there was a gold sonic holding a globe.......... (I wish it was still open)

*lies back and smiles as well!*
Sat 07/12/02 at 13:40
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I went there, i got the keyring too! They had huge esculators right to the top. I think there was a place where you could win tokens from games and exchange them for stuff.
Pretty blurry memories though
*smiles*
Sat 07/12/02 at 11:12
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I went there. When i was young, and my mother hated it...

Anyway. I wish i was a little older to understand it kinda thing. I was rubbish at games back then.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:27
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
dark child wrote:
> yeah i went to sega world,
> amazing place
> my mum thought it was the worst day out ever so nver did we go again
> shame

Yeah, I only went once, it was amazing, it changed into Fun Land now. Especially the big rides! It was a very expensive day, not only did u have to pay an entrance fee but you also had to pay to use the arcade machines. It would have been better to charge a fixed entrance fee and make it free to play the games.

I went with my friends mum, I think she spent the day in the cafe, while my friend and I went of playing some amazign Sega games. hehe.

Anyone else have memories of Sega World please feel free to post.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:27
dark child wrote:
> yeah i went to sega world,
> amazing place
> my mum thought it was the worst day out ever so nver did we go again
> shame

Likewise. I liked the way you could join the club for free when you left, and could get back in again free. It was at the Trocadero. I think it's a "4D" cinema now. To think that I live on the outskirts of London and only went once. :-(
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:12
Regular
yeah i went to sega world,
amazing place
my mum thought it was the worst day out ever so nver did we go again
shame
Fri 06/12/02 at 16:37
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I was just clearing out a cupboard in my bedroom, and as I was shifting through all the rubbish, I found an item that suddenly fludded back memories!!!!! I found a 'Sega World - London' keyring!!!!!!!! I bought it years ago when I went to Sega World in London with my friend....... IT WAS AMAZING! Probably one of my favourite places ever.

So what I want to know is............ Does anyone remember Sega World? Did anyone go there???

The main thinga that stick in my mind about Sega World were the amazing rides and the huge esculators, as well as the huge silver and neon lights. It was a magical experience. Such a shame I only went once, apparently it has closed down now! It was in Picaddily Circus.

Great, great memories!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.