GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"30m Cross-Over Cable for sale."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 17:35
Regular
I bought this cross-over cable to play XBox LIVE on but I realised it was the wrong type for playing LIVE.

I have absolutely nothing to do with it except stare at it. I'm sure someone else has something more constructive to do with the thing.

I bought it for £30 - selling it for £20

email me please at [email protected] and put SR in the subject line or else your email will be deletd with the other junk i get.
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
FatButcher wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> The crossover cable should work, its what I use. Do you use ICS for
> exampe connect your XBox to your PC via a NIC. If so this cable
> should
> work. Even if you use a router it should work.
>
> A cross-over cable will not work from xboc to router. A cross over
> cable is for connecting machine to machine directly (ie xbox to pc).

I thought this was the case. I know that it works from NIC to XBox.
Sat 07/12/02 at 18:30
Regular
"Tag as above"
adrian wrote:
> The crossover cable should work, its what I use. Do you use ICS for
> exampe connect your XBox to your PC via a NIC. If so this cable should
> work. Even if you use a router it should work.

A cross-over cable will not work from xboc to router. A cross over cable is for connecting machine to machine directly (ie xbox to pc).
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:13
30M?

Perfect if my cable modem ever breaks and I need to link my X-Box to somebody elses computer who happens to live a street away. =P
Sat 07/12/02 at 12:50
"slightlyshortertagl"
pop
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:26
"slightlyshortertagl"
it should work but it doesn't anyways I now have about 25 meters of cable in a big bundle and am only using 7-10 metres of it... I'd rather se;; and buy a new one.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The crossover cable should work, its what I use. Do you use ICS for exampe connect your XBox to your PC via a NIC. If so this cable should work. Even if you use a router it should work.
Fri 06/12/02 at 17:35
"slightlyshortertagl"
I bought this cross-over cable to play XBox LIVE on but I realised it was the wrong type for playing LIVE.

I have absolutely nothing to do with it except stare at it. I'm sure someone else has something more constructive to do with the thing.

I bought it for £30 - selling it for £20

email me please at [email protected] and put SR in the subject line or else your email will be deletd with the other junk i get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.