GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"worst place to buy Video games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/02/02 at 14:18
Regular
i beleive its a shop in liverpool street station called mutronics who have GBA games at £38 PSx games still at £40 and PS2 games at £45

or can anyone do better that that
Tue 26/02/02 at 23:04
Regular
none in Wales either, (across the severn bridge from Bristol Sr!!!!hint!!!hint!!!)

Anyway, I usually buy over the phone....
Tue 26/02/02 at 22:50
Regular
"That's right!"
EB is expensive, Game is too

But then all shops have different prices, it depends what you're looking for, some shops have some stuff cheap, but others expensive, and it'll be the other way around in another

No Special Reserve shops in the North so obviously I've never been to one
Tue 26/02/02 at 22:36
Regular
TomUK wrote:

EB and Game have to be the worst. Price promise my
> ar...m

I did manage to get a £15 Jolt pack (official) for the Dreamcast brand new for £2.50!

I told them I saw it cheaper in Toys-R-us at £10, and I had a £7.50 voucher from them which I used :)

Some of their games come pretty low in the sales mind! I can't remember what price it was, but I saw Kuru Kuru Kururuin for Game Boy Advance at quite a low price, and I managed to get a Dreamcast keyboard for a fiver (75% off last weekend!)

Anyway, Special Reserve tend to be the best because the prices stay consistently low (apart from on Dreamcast stuff) especially with their Game Boy stock, so I'm not going to complain...
Tue 26/02/02 at 22:06
Regular
"I confused?"
Yeah Eb and game with woolworths closly following.
Tue 26/02/02 at 22:05
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
WHSmith ain't that bad. My local one has discounts of 10% if I use my student card. And their GBA is only £60. Using a student card that would be £54. Pretty cheap.

A typical PS2 game. £40-£4 = £36. Also they sometimes give a £10 voucher with OPS2M (which I always buy anyway). That means £36 - £10 = £26!! I bought GTA3 from them using that method :)

EB and Game have to be the worst. Price promise my ar...m
Tue 26/02/02 at 21:55
Regular
"I confused?"
Fade to black for the Psx for 50 pounds. (damn maltese key boards don't have the pound sign)
Tue 26/02/02 at 21:18
I'll give my views on all the shops mentioned in this topic. I warn you: it's not for pleasant reading :0):

Game - Never shop in there.

EB - Only buy second hand games from them, which are normally priced well. They have a reasonable selection of cheap PC games, which is good for a gamer like myself.

WH Smith - Expensive, 'nuff said.

Woolworths - A little cheaper than WH Smith (I think), but still quite pricy.

HMV - Have the biggest selection of cheap games I've ever seen - my favourite shop for cheap PC games!

Virgin - Not one near me.

Special Reserve - Have some great prices (and the consoles in store do not affect my preference at all :D), and a lot of other miscelaneous items, which are good for the gamer looking for a good bargain, especially now they have a pre-owned section!
Tue 26/02/02 at 21:13
"possibly impossible"
locky1133 wrote:
> I sense sarcasm in your voice Mr. S. What happened to Loki?

Didn't you hear Snuggly, he said Loki tried to buy something from another company. He's currently still getting used to having only 6 fingers...
Tue 26/02/02 at 21:02
Regular
"That's right!"
MVC is quite expensive

And I nearly ALWAYS go into Virgin or HMV to buy a game only to walk into the other one (ie I go into HMV, buy a game, then go into Virgin) to see it's £5 cheaper! I hate when that happens
Tue 26/02/02 at 20:58
"penguins in hawaii?"
The worst place???

A buggered up gypsy van with a bloke saying, " I got y-box and gamepyramid games. Cheap...Cheap..."

Or going through ask jeeves. One of the two...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.