GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want them all, as per usual."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 20:59
Regular
Hmmm, that's my problem again this console generation around.

See, last generation time, I owned an N64, my dad bought a PSX for me and my brothers to share, and my brothers had a Dreamcast. Which meant I had instant access to all three major console platforms, whenever I felt like it.

Now, I don't live at home, but still in my flat is a Playstation 2, a Gamecube and a Dreamcast, oh, and don't forget the PC. But, it's just not enough, I've got that feeling of needing to splash even more cash on an Xbox, just to sample the amazing Xbox Live service.

It's becoming very obvious to anyone who has even the faintest clue about the games indstry that the Xbox is the platform people should buy if the want to sample Broadband console gaming. You'll still get the zealots who'll argue blue in the face against Microsoft's geekiness, but it's exactly that geekiness expertise which has nailed them a massive lead in implementing an online strategy on an international scale. If you need any proof of Microsoft's internet expertise, just ask yourself who actually made the browser your using to surf the net, and who has probably the best multi-format media player.

Right, so the Xbox is cool, but would I get rid of my other consoles to make a space?? Well, no. My PS2 isn't going anywhere, mainly because there are absolutely class games created by talented games companies which I cannot have on any other console. So, what about the Cube?? It's not going anywhere, mainly because there are absolutely class games created by class games companies which I cannot have on any other console. So, why do I want an Xbox?? Mainly because ther are absolutely class games created by talented games companies which I cannot have on any other console.

See a trend there??
Fri 06/12/02 at 21:16
Regular
"Beaten with sticks"
PsychoticKiller wrote:
> PsychoticKiller wrote:
> I dont live Xbox. I Envy nintendo more and Sega For all the ****
> they
> go threw :X
>
> *like*

Why correct just one spelling mistake its THROUGH! they don't go and throw fecies do they!?
Fri 06/12/02 at 21:07
Regular
You don't like Xbox, presumably because your a fanboy.

And you envy Sega and Nintendo because they suck???

Hmmm, your a confused little guy, aren't you.
Fri 06/12/02 at 20:59
Regular
Hmmm, that's my problem again this console generation around.

See, last generation time, I owned an N64, my dad bought a PSX for me and my brothers to share, and my brothers had a Dreamcast. Which meant I had instant access to all three major console platforms, whenever I felt like it.

Now, I don't live at home, but still in my flat is a Playstation 2, a Gamecube and a Dreamcast, oh, and don't forget the PC. But, it's just not enough, I've got that feeling of needing to splash even more cash on an Xbox, just to sample the amazing Xbox Live service.

It's becoming very obvious to anyone who has even the faintest clue about the games indstry that the Xbox is the platform people should buy if the want to sample Broadband console gaming. You'll still get the zealots who'll argue blue in the face against Microsoft's geekiness, but it's exactly that geekiness expertise which has nailed them a massive lead in implementing an online strategy on an international scale. If you need any proof of Microsoft's internet expertise, just ask yourself who actually made the browser your using to surf the net, and who has probably the best multi-format media player.

Right, so the Xbox is cool, but would I get rid of my other consoles to make a space?? Well, no. My PS2 isn't going anywhere, mainly because there are absolutely class games created by talented games companies which I cannot have on any other console. So, what about the Cube?? It's not going anywhere, mainly because there are absolutely class games created by class games companies which I cannot have on any other console. So, why do I want an Xbox?? Mainly because ther are absolutely class games created by talented games companies which I cannot have on any other console.

See a trend there??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.