GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finally - Its Yours !"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/02/02 at 01:32
Regular
Ok, I'm guessing the likes of Adrian and Belldandy are as desperate to get their hands on their X-Box as me. ;-))

Just wondering, have any of you decided what game your going to put in first ? ;-))
First game I play will be Halo. If I can get off that before going to bed I'll probably shove in DOA3. ;-)

Sad topic I know, just trying to pass these last couple of weeks away. ;-))
Thu 07/03/02 at 21:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Halo is going to be excellent ! :-) Can't wait to play it. In a way its nice to have to wait till the release to play it at all instead of playing a demo.

Adds to the excitement of playing it for the first time.
:-)
Thu 07/03/02 at 18:48
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
High hopes for Halo?! It'll be amazing man, the best ever etc etc :-)

Outlaw.
Thu 07/03/02 at 17:24
Regular
"BOSE"
hmmmmm :)
i dunno yet. we'll soon c. i'm getting Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Project Gotham Racing and Halo. u can download vid clips of some games on here. i don't have real player so i've only seen Star Wars: Obi-Wan in action. it's wicked :D so there's high hopes 4 Halo and that 1 at the mo ;) then i'll play PGR 2 kinda unwind. u know what i mean? u don't need as much concentration playing a racing game
Sun 03/03/02 at 23:12
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I'll try it out. :-) Bought my Fast and the Furious CD today. Theres a track in the film I really wanted but its not on the CD. :-(

I tracked it down on an album in the U.S. I looked at samples of the other songs and the album is utter crud. ;-))
I only want the one track.

Mind you, a bonus of having a yank girlfriend (besides a sexy accent at bedtime !) - shes going to look for the track for me. :-)))

Hopefully I'll have that to add with my other tracks to rip onto the X-Box. :-)
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Glad I have the advanced lead in my pre-order. :-) My friend was telling me
> about it, so I thought I'd better get one added.

Especially with larger
> TV's, as you said, its more noticable.

Iam going to order one tommorow. If you get the chance try both leads one after the other and you will see the difference. Its quite shocking and how much more improved the picture is.
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Glad I have the advanced lead in my pre-order. :-) My friend was telling me about it, so I thought I'd better get one added.

Especially with larger TV's, as you said, its more noticable.
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:57
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
That's right Adrian, I was talking about S-Video being much better than the composite crap that you get with the consoles.

In my experience, S-Video cables are (to varying degrees) cheaper than RGB, but at the end of the day, any money spent to improve the picture is well spent!
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:27
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Cheers adrian I will. I never thought that different accesories mattered much with the picture but I do now!!

Outlaw
Sun 03/03/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Outlaw_UK wrote:
> That's okay for me as my TV in my room worked fine with the PS2 leads - and the
> change in graphics as gpotter said is barely noticable.

gpotter was talking about S-video leads not composite. Composite leads, the ones you get with the PS2 and the X-Box are rubbish. You dont know that there rubbish until you try S-video or RGB. S-video isnt really any cheaper than RBG scart leads. I dont have any S-video leads on my TV so I can only use RGB leads.

Trust me Outlaw, spend the extra £20 on the advanced AV pack for the X-Box and you will notice the difference. I had my RGB lead for my PS2, its one that has the DVD switch to put it back to composite. I switched the switch while on DMC and couldnt believe the difference in picture quality. Its like watching a crappy TV aerial signal and then switching over to SKY. I am ordering one as it will make everything look so much better. Of course I use it on a 28" TV so its more noticeable from RGB to composite than a 14" TV.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:32
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
That's okay for me as my TV in my room worked fine with the PS2 leads - and the change in graphics as gpotter said is barely noticable. As long as I can play Halo on launch day I'll be happy.

Outlaw.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.