GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box Live"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/12/02 at 17:03
Regular
Very little is known about the arrival of X-Box live in England. But I was just wondering if anyone knew when it is to be released In England. Does anyone know any good Halo 2 screenshot websites?
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:06
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Belldandy wrote:
> Some people don't seem to know about the mute button though, last
> night I was playing Mech Assault and one guy was obviously talking to
> someone on the phone at the same time and everyone could hear what she
> was saying to him, and everyone kept quiet until he'd finished....
> hilarious, kinda :)

Yeah I've had that. Some one was on the phone talking to someone, he knew he wasnt muted as he started talking to us straight after, about the phone call. Some people also have guests around and they start talking as if so one just asked a question. Also some people have their TV too loud. I could he the echos of UC, I kept doing the taunt and could hear it half a second later coming back through my head set :).

I normally have my Mic muted, if its a talking game then I unmute myself or if people ask questions e.t.c.

Voice masks are ok, as in one game someone had the Robot voice and it was actually easy to to understand. I normally have no voice mask as its just easier to talk and hear.
Sat 07/12/02 at 21:36
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
From what I've found of my whole two days on Xbox Live (about 10 hours total) not many people use the vocie masks, and in particular some are really unpopular and sound plain stupid. I tlak a bit, not loads, and whilst there's the odd few "he's a brit" e.t.c comments, most people are more interested in playing the games and stuff.

Some people don't seem to know about the mute button though, last night I was playing Mech Assault and one guy was obviously talking to someone on the phone at the same time and everyone could hear what she was saying to him, and everyone kept quiet until he'd finished.... hilarious, kinda :)

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:55
Regular
ok cool, whats the voice changer thing like, any good? Have heard mixed views on it. Some say that it lags, and some say that its fine etc. Whats your verdict on it. ( and the whole xbox live service, overall)

cheers.
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
up_in_$moke wrote:
> Mech Assault any good?
>
> You played it online yet??

Yes and Yes. Had MechAssault since November 19th and been playing it online since that day. Nearly had XBox Live for a whole MONTH. I got it 4 weeks ago this Monday.
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:26
Regular
Mech Assault any good?

You played it online yet??
I got splinter cell last week - Absolutely amazing game. just started the chinese mission today.

I got Unreal Championship yesterday aswell. That is amazing to. the graphics are sublime and i cant wait for xbox live. One quarrel with UC is the annoying tendicy of my teams mates who seem to always lose their 'spot' to the other team in domination 2.0

Other than that, 2 amazing games
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
phi11ip wrote:
> Something of March 2003 is when it comes out...

March 14th 2003, ONE year after the release of XBox in the UK. XBox Live rules, just spent the last 3 hours playing Unreal and MechAssault.
Sat 07/12/02 at 18:48
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
March 14th, go to www.xbox.com/uk/live/now to buy the Testdrive kit - it rocks, and you can shout insults at people from all over the place...:)

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 07/12/02 at 17:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Neutrino wrote:
> Very little is known about the arrival of X-Box live in England. But I
> was just wondering if anyone knew when it is to be released In
> England.

You could have already bought it if you were actually aware that they have sold it to about 4000 people already!

Something of March 2003 is when it comes out...

Broadband only too so no dial ups!!
Sat 07/12/02 at 17:03
Very little is known about the arrival of X-Box live in England. But I was just wondering if anyone knew when it is to be released In England. Does anyone know any good Halo 2 screenshot websites?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.