GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whatever happened to the next big RPG?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/09/07 at 17:15
"Was the man of marz"
It was a while ago but someone (helpful I know but I really can't remember who) claimed they where going to create their own RPG game. This was when the forums where in there previous incarnation so of course everyone laughed although I thought the idea was at least due some encouragement.

Does anyone know what happened? Did a hint of a concept emerge or was there absolutely no end product! It was recently helping a buddy with his UNI work (along similar lines) that reminded me of this and I was kind of hoping this person had overcome the ridicule of others to at least satisfy his/her own aspirations. Too idealistic?
Sat 29/09/07 at 13:51
"Was the man of marz"
Revolver Ocelot wrote:
> Her face scares me.

Yeah, that's called a smile
Sat 29/09/07 at 13:19
Regular
She has a face?

Oh.. oh yes she does!
Sat 29/09/07 at 11:17
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Her face scares me.
Fri 28/09/07 at 16:53
"Was the man of marz"
Revolver Ocelot wrote:
> You never cease to amuse, Alfonse.
>
> I don't remember anything like that. Can you remember anything
> else from it? Maybe Vary Metal knows.

Annoyingly I can't. Very_metal, where are you!

I tried not to encourage Alfonse with his young girls. Try something a bit more legal, like Professor Myang Lee (or at least she is whilst on Brainiac).
Fri 28/09/07 at 16:23
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
You never cease to amuse, Alfonse.

I don't remember anything like that. Can you remember anything else from it? Maybe Vary Metal knows.
Thu 27/09/07 at 20:07
Regular
Role playing game huh? Sounds kinda kinky.
Thu 27/09/07 at 19:24
"Was the man of marz"
I searched through the SR archives (back to the point I stopped using them originally when special reserve went bust), but still no luck. I guess I’ll have to go back to my initial hope that one of the regulars remembers something. I mean enough people berated this user so it should ring the proverbial bell with someone.

Hmmm... wrote:
> You can use normal Google search commands in my custom search.
> Although I have noticed sometimes Google doesn't work as well in
> CSE as a normal Google. (CSE - see I'm doing it now!)

I did actually have to google CSE, even though I knew what it was :(. I've used it for a while as after you've removed the search the web option you have a handy search box left for your own site.
Thu 27/09/07 at 18:37
"Are you sure?"
Marzman wrote:
> That's a good search feature although I think it might be in the
> old SR archive. Is there a time-effective way of searching
> through it?

Thanks.
You can use normal Google search commands in my custom search.
Although I have noticed sometimes Google doesn't work as well in CSE as a normal Google. (CSE - see I'm doing it now!)
If you think you know the forum you can pick it from the drop down list.
Unfortunately it doesn't look as if Freeola want the old 'Chat Archive' indexed as it has "robots content=noindex,nofollow" coded, so I can't give you access to that.

Marzman wrote:
> Ah yeah, I could well have been talking about a rocket-propelled
> grenade. That would have actually made more sense as I wrote
> 'RPG game', or role-playing game game. Almost as annoying as in
> work when someone asks for a VIN number, vehicle identification
> number number.

I nearly said "what's a role playing game game[b]?" !

[LINK=http://www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk][B]Search Freeola Chat
[/LINK]
Thu 27/09/07 at 18:01
"Was the man of marz"
That's a good search feature although I think it might be in the old SR archive. Is there a time-effective way of searching through it?

Hmmm... wrote:
> I didn't even know what an RPG was until I did a Google :)

Ah yeah, I could well have been talking about a rocket-propelled grenade. That would have actually made more sense as I wrote 'RPG game', or role-playing game game. Almost as annoying as in work when someone asks for a VIN number, vehicle identification number number.
Thu 27/09/07 at 17:47
"Are you sure?"
I didn't even know what an RPG was until I did a Google :¬)

Have you tried searching the Freeola forums for RPG or similar?
A search on RPG gives lots of results, but you can try more search terms etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.