GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things to make and do (with your computer)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/09/07 at 09:22
"nope"
If something occupies more than a few hours then I might be interested to know (or it could just be part of a zinboydian experiment). Try to be specific, so do not write "I browse the internet" when it is possible to write "I go shopping for freshly murdered mink via the internet".

Update throughout the day/week/month/year slowly building a list of those things you do and moving those things you nolonger do to sub heading section.
If something that you do is
illegal such as ordering slaves from abroad then it is best not to write about it because the feds will see and levy an import tax.
Thu 27/09/07 at 14:41
Regular
"you've got a beard"
work takes up a majority of my time (doing some sweet stuff at the moment as well ;) )
as a result; so does making coffee.
i try and get out to see one of my mates most nights, lately we`ve been playing pro evo, and i have a feeling Halo 3 will soon be added to that list.. much to my shagrin.
Thu 27/09/07 at 14:15
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I keep all my photos on my laptop so I occasionally skim through and do some editing, organising and uploading - takes up an hour or two.

I browse the 'net for art, mostly sci-fi and fantasy - I'm a sucker for futuristic cityscapes. I've recently joined Deviant Art and so am spending far too much time trawling through the 42 million plus pieces on there and have found more than a few excellent images.

I very occasionally go on MSN but when I do I'm usually chatting to Grix for at least an hour.

All my music and videos (ripped from CDs and DVDs I own) is stored on my iMac so I stream it to my laptop when I'm in the lounge or in bed.
Thu 27/09/07 at 13:13
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Although I have yet to complete any because I get a fresh idea half way through, start on it, then get another idea and start on that one, I really like to make Windows styles in Stardock SkinStudio.

I also browse Amazon quite a lot, just to see if there's anything of interest at a reasonable price. Ditto for Argos and Comet.

I just like being creative on the computer, really. Playing around making little websites but not actually publishing them, for practice and stuff, making graphics, customising Windows is every way I can find to make it just the way I like it (my Start menu and clock are at the top of the screen, Mac OS style, and I have a custom-made toolbar at the bottom with shortcuts to my most frequently used applications, KDE-style).

Make an enormous, pointless file and send it to my brother's shared documents across the network, filling up his hard drive.
Thu 27/09/07 at 09:24
"nope"
My list then,

Look for audio equipment on ebay.
Configure wireless kit for sneaky sneaky investigations of decrypting.
Record twangings using Ardour.
Create 3D graphics using Imagine, Blender, 3DS, Maya.
Export documents from my head for work and play.
Write numerous emails to work people mostly asking what they want.
Write one or two emails to non work people mostly complaining about the latest capitalist insanity or CCTV outbreak.
Write program code.
Proliferate negative thinking (see footnote 1) by posting on this forum.
Hamper via email one or two people about things that do not work.
Listen to music from CD.
Listen to music from net radio.
Receive mailing lists for Korg Oasys, Debian Developers, AIPtek drivers and ACX drivers.
Ignore mailing lists from Amazon, Play, Microsoft, Apple, Various Job Agencies and Insurance companies.
Read about things that sound interesting or stupid.
Use MSN messenger if I really am without fingers to count.
Revisit numerous nooks and crannies that allow messages to folded neatly into the seams of an invisible culture.
Extrapolate pixels from my £30 digital camera and push them through the printer.
Every few months I sit down and try to discover new ways to break through bridging systems without using conventional means

footnote 1: Joke.
Thu 27/09/07 at 09:22
"nope"
If something occupies more than a few hours then I might be interested to know (or it could just be part of a zinboydian experiment). Try to be specific, so do not write "I browse the internet" when it is possible to write "I go shopping for freshly murdered mink via the internet".

Update throughout the day/week/month/year slowly building a list of those things you do and moving those things you nolonger do to sub heading section.
If something that you do is
illegal such as ordering slaves from abroad then it is best not to write about it because the feds will see and levy an import tax.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.