GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FTP login problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/03/13 at 22:37
Regular
"go-go-web.com"
Guys am I the only one who has problem loging in to my FTP?
I enter user pass and everything seems to be fine but the serrver responds password wrong! I changed it but again password wrong.
FTP Server User Name: sr1731857
FTP Server Password: *******
FTP Server Address: freeolaweb7.freeola.net

Help is appreciated
thanks ;)
Sat 30/03/13 at 10:16
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Mackerboot wrote:
Same problem here,

Freeola7.freeola.net is not responding. I have tried to upload using my dial up connection registered with my account. Being charged 10p per minute for each connection charge my bill will be 70p and I could not even connect to upload 2 pages.

Feeling a bit ript off here.

Pete

Freeolaweb7 is as far as we are aware currently not experiencing any connection issues. As you can probably appreciate, we have a large number of customers using the same server, and it is monitored constantly. As there are no apparent issues, and no further reports as such, I would expect this to be more related to your connection, a firewall or security settings issue. It's probably worth looking at these things first in order to try to resolve this.

With regard to your dial up connection, have you tried both numbers? Again, worth checking. If the issue persists, please start a support ticket, and we can take a look at specifically your site to see if there are any issues affecting that directly.

In terms of the connection charges, it's probably worth noting that we make nothing out of those, the charges are set by your phone provider for data transfers, and the payments go to them for the service. We merely supply suitable connection phone numbers to access our free web spaces.
Sat 30/03/13 at 02:50
Regular
Same problem here,

Freeola7.freeola.net is not responding. I have tried to upload using my dial up connection registered with my account. Being charged 10p per minute for each connection charge my bill will be 70p and I could not even connect to upload 2 pages.

Feeling a bit ript off here.

Pete
Sat 23/03/13 at 22:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi spider123 and welcome to the forums ...

I use CoreFTP and have no problem logging in using similar data. Just tried it now and have logged into each of the 5 sites that I manage. What FTP client are you using?

EDIT:

'VIP hosting' uses a different address and your's would suggest the usual Freeola hosting service
Sat 23/03/13 at 22:50
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums.

It's worth confirming you are on a Freeola internet connection (dialup/ADSL) or are using Web Freedom or on VIP Hosting as FTP access needs one of the above.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 23/03/13 at 22:37
Regular
"go-go-web.com"
Guys am I the only one who has problem loging in to my FTP?
I enter user pass and everything seems to be fine but the serrver responds password wrong! I changed it but again password wrong.
FTP Server User Name: sr1731857
FTP Server Password: *******
FTP Server Address: freeolaweb7.freeola.net

Help is appreciated
thanks ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.