GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ADSL outage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/03/13 at 19:35
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for updating the status page swiftly - faster than Entanet!

fwiw my standard email and hosting are still available its just ADSL that's down for me.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 22/03/13 at 19:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Many, many thanks for that insight timothyjrhill and especially for the incident report ...

Incident Report

Good stuff :¬)
Fri 22/03/13 at 15:12
Regular
"candles? where?"
If your ADSL is down you will obviously have to use a smartphone or somesuch to access network status via 3G or whatever. When ADSL goes down, turn off your phone's WiFi and bookmark this in your phone's browser:
http://freeola.com/support/networkstatus.php
(Only if nothing is shown here should you think about phoning anyone, including me!!!!)

Freeola re-sell ADSL provided by Entanet. If you want to, you can keep tabs on EntaNet's problems (if any) on Twitter (@entanet or @entanetNOC) or at http://noc.enta.net where, for example, you can download the two-page incident report:
http://noc.enta.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/
Incident-Report-21032013.pdf
(You may need to re-join that URL)

If after the incident you are connected to BT in error, you need to re-boot your router. During the outage non-freeola URLs populated IP and DNS address spaces in routers. As routers automatically and continually try to re-connect during an outage your router may have connected wrongly to BT as your ADSL link came back to life.

Tim.

P.S. I am a :-) Freeola customer and found myself explaining the outage to one of my (and one of Freeola's) customers. I thought these notes may be of use to others.
Fri 22/03/13 at 14:27
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
This outage was nothing to do with BT this time. It was caused by a rouge routing issue with our wholesalers. Very unfortunate I know and hopefully it won't happen again.
It does explain why my IPv6 continued to work though!
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Fri 22/03/13 at 12:30
Regular
is just me or when internet drops you start seeing a lot BT vans flying a round
Thu 21/03/13 at 22:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
@DL I thought you chose not to move to FTTC the other week?

I haven't! But Eccles mentioned that address and it was the same as my router was showing as the IP address ... so there you go ... :¬)
Thu 21/03/13 at 21:20
"Are you sure?"
@DL I thought you chose not to move to FTTC the other week?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 21/03/13 at 21:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
Both of my connections been dead for the past few hours, seem to be back now.

Posting this from my Xbox with the chat pad thing, actually works quite well.
Thu 21/03/13 at 20:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hoorah ... looks like things 'might' be flowing again! Just received 20 email messages ... thanks Freeola :¬)

EDIT: Spoke too soon! Connection died again and a router reboot seems to have worked ... at the moment ;¬) At least the FTTC address appears to be correct.
Thu 21/03/13 at 20:29
"Are you sure?"
Things are recovering now...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 21/03/13 at 20:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Looks like a BT handover issue somewhere. My FTTC connection has 172.16.69.* address! Quite a few calls coming in by the looks of things.

So has mine, since 18.05! Any idea when this mental cruelty will end? Using my phone to post is a pain in the butt!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.