GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FTTC fiber optic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/03/13 at 14:42
Regular
Hi

Will Freeola be offering a fibre optic FTTC package at any time soon as I am getting sent a lot of tempting offers from other providers at the moment

thanks

Zoot
Tue 26/03/13 at 20:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi DL,
Yep, I remember that.

Your ADSL2+ speed (due to your short line) was so good I don't blame you.

So good that I've just downloaded a 212Mb driver file at 2.1Mb/sec ... quick :¬)
Tue 26/03/13 at 20:13
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
Yep, I remember that.

Your ADSL2+ speed (due to your short line) was so good I don't blame you.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 26/03/13 at 19:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi DL,
It goes without saying you can only have FTTC if your exchange/line has been enabled :¬)

I was offered it because my exchange/line has been enabled ... but as I said earlier the 'price' was out of my monthly range so I declined the offer for now.
Tue 26/03/13 at 16:18
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update.
Shame Freeola FTTC is too expensive for you.

I'm stuck on an old 20CN exchange so don't have many(any!) options :¬(

I'm hoping the Gov's BDUK funding will help in 2015 as they are promising 90%+ will be able to get fibre...
See tag line

If this happens hopefully Freeola will be more competitive for FTTC by then!

Re. Your Hosting comment.
If you've been happy with Freeola why not keep using them for hosting? Either using 'Web Freedom' on their standard hosting or switch to VIP?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 26/03/13 at 14:16
Regular
thanks guys

i am eligable to have FTTC but the price from freeola is too much, so will be moving to another supplier.

Just trying to sort out some web site hosting, looks like I need an EPP number to get it authorised
Sat 16/03/13 at 21:53
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
It goes without saying you can only have FTTC if your exchange/line has been enabled :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 16/03/13 at 19:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
mrzoot wrote:
thanks

i will contact them, strange they are not advertising it

zoot

Hi mrzoot ... I didn't want to mention anything earlier but Hmmm seems to have posted a 'link' to my upgrade to ADSL2+ discussion thread from late last year.

On upgrade to ADSL2+ November 2012, it was offered to me immediatetly, but when I quoted the 'price for FTTC offered' in the discussion thread it was edited, as it was only offered if availability existed to the individual customer and as such not widely advertised!

Hmmm doesn't have this availability at present and shouldn't really be getting your hopes up by linking to my upgrade thread :¬)
Sat 16/03/13 at 15:34
Regular
thanks

i will contact them, strange they are not advertising it

zoot
Sat 16/03/13 at 15:16
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
Freeola can put you on FTTC.

The last I read you have to contact them for details.

:¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 16/03/13 at 14:42
Regular
Hi

Will Freeola be offering a fibre optic FTTC package at any time soon as I am getting sent a lot of tempting offers from other providers at the moment

thanks

Zoot

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.