GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2- is anyone bothered"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/02/02 at 16:09
Regular
The day draws near when we can all go out and buy our very own copy of MGS2, but is anyone out there bothered about the free dvd. I mean when you take your spankin new game home whose gonna be bothered with some crappy dvd when you can be playing the game.
Mon 25/02/02 at 16:09
The day draws near when we can all go out and buy our very own copy of MGS2, but is anyone out there bothered about the free dvd. I mean when you take your spankin new game home whose gonna be bothered with some crappy dvd when you can be playing the game.
Mon 25/02/02 at 16:12
Regular
"  "
To be honest i think after completing the game it will be very interesting in seeing how they made it ect. also i like the addition of the customisable movie theatre. very neat.
Mon 25/02/02 at 16:17
Yeah the movie theatre does sound quite neat, But knowing me it'll take me ages to complete the game and i'll probably forget about the dvd and will be enjoying some newer titles.
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I think the DVD is a great idea. Considering how much they can cram onto discs I think videogames should all start providing more things like this.

I mean if DVD movies all contain 'making of featurettes', interviews with cast and characters, behind the scenes filming etc., there's probably no reason why they can't have a film crew documenting the creation of games.

I mean, what if Gran Turismo 3 came out with an extra DVD that showed how they created each car model, how they tested the driving physics, how the tracks went from storyboard conception to computer generated environment and so on, it would have sold even more.

Most games nowadays have some form of filming in them, so the extra cost wouldn't be that much, except maybe for final production and editing. As long as it doesn't push the end price up, I'm all for it.

Plus, if the Japanese or the US want the MGS2 version with the extra DVD in it, they have to wait for it, because we in Europe get if first for a change. Yay! \o/
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:05
Regular
"  "
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I think the DVD is a great idea. Considering how much they can cram onto discs
> I think videogames should all start providing more things like this.

I mean, what if
> Gran Turismo 3 came out with an extra DVD that showed how they created each car
> model, how they tested the driving physics, how the tracks went from storyboard
> conception to computer generated environment and so on, it would have sold even
> more.

looks like they are releasing one...see this months OPSM2 mag....it's in there....maybe packaged with GTConcept?
Mon 25/02/02 at 18:03
Regular
"None Stored"
they did that with ssx tricky, but on the actual disc, and i cant be bothered to look at it. We could have it now if it wasnt for that stupid disc.
Mon 25/02/02 at 18:22
Regular
"Whatever!"
Its a pretty neat idea but to be honest all I want is the game!!
Mon 25/02/02 at 18:39
The reason I hate the disc is because it just holds the game up. They could release the disc seperatly like they did with the VR missions and that way Konami could get more money. If the dvd came out seperately the game could have been on our shelves months ago.
Mon 25/02/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Touched!"
i'm not as bothered about MGS2 as i used to be, but the DVD features sound good!
Mon 25/02/02 at 19:28
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I think the DVD will be great!
But I have kind of lost interest in MGS2. When I first saw the pics and read the info, I couldnt wait for my second chance to be solid snake on a Sony console. When the video previews came, I wanted it even more. Then when I played the demo, I couldnt imagine life without the game. But now after so many motns of waiting, so much hype and magazine coverage, I dont care as much any more. We had to wait to long. Hopefully my interest will spark up again when it nears March 8th.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.