GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Card Soccer?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/02/02 at 15:09
Regular
Well? Anyone heard much about this game? No? Me neither and it seems that SR and EB dont too. None of them seem to have any real info on the games, whether thats buy choice because its such a bad game they dont want to put buyers off, or the Developers know its so bad they decided not to release much stuff either. If some one 'accidently' buys it, just let us know what its like.

Also, its seems we are doomed to yet more crap football games coming out this year. Looking around there is already a UEFA striker game out and with news that Fifa are bringing a World Cup game out makes things worse. And just think, with the new premiership season starting soon after there will be another Fifa game aswell!

Looks like the only good footie game to come out this year on PS2 is the next version of Pro Evo..unless This is Football comes up trumps.
Mon 25/02/02 at 15:09
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well? Anyone heard much about this game? No? Me neither and it seems that SR and EB dont too. None of them seem to have any real info on the games, whether thats buy choice because its such a bad game they dont want to put buyers off, or the Developers know its so bad they decided not to release much stuff either. If some one 'accidently' buys it, just let us know what its like.

Also, its seems we are doomed to yet more crap football games coming out this year. Looking around there is already a UEFA striker game out and with news that Fifa are bringing a World Cup game out makes things worse. And just think, with the new premiership season starting soon after there will be another Fifa game aswell!

Looks like the only good footie game to come out this year on PS2 is the next version of Pro Evo..unless This is Football comes up trumps.
Mon 25/02/02 at 15:19
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Had a look on a few other sites - no mention of Red Card Soccer - what about ISS2 ? According to the preview in OPM2 plays the same as Pro Evo just doesn't look as good and has a few more bells and whistles and surely you wont just dismiss Fifa World Cup as being yet another crass arcadey cash in using the same outdated engine as fifa2002 ?

Me - I'll be sticking with Pro Evo for a long time to come.
Mon 25/02/02 at 15:57
Regular
"  "
ISS2 looks great....same playability almost as Pro Evo but with extra flare.....stadium announcer....animated substituations (The light up boared and the lot) Decent graphics, ace sound......just the overgrown lokking pitches that look worrying.
Mon 25/02/02 at 16:06
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Na†ßu© wrote:
....animated substituations

They sound great - any idea what they are ??
Mon 25/02/02 at 16:08
Regular
"  "
heh.....substitutions....thanks for making me sound stupid :P
Mon 25/02/02 at 16:35
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
No Problem !! :)
Mon 25/02/02 at 16:36
Regular
"  "
Grrr...any way there is LMA aswell....looks pretty good. but not playable football though..still.....sheff wed are on there
Mon 25/02/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Whatever!"
Red Card Soccer is more of an arcade sort of footy game!! Its being developed by Midway who have also made arcade versions of NFL (Blitz) and NHL (Hitz) - Its kind of like a no holds barred footy game which I think gives you the chance to kick around the referee!! Its by no means a serious game and thats what makes it different from the rest!! Thats all I know about it at the moment!!
Mon 25/02/02 at 21:52
Regular
Hmmmmm, anything like Sega Soccer Slam on the Gamecube then?
Tue 26/02/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Whatever!"
Or†ega wrote:
> Hmmmmm, anything like Sega Soccer Slam on the Gamecube then?

I think its similar but without the monsters!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.