GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Domain Transfer costs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/02/02 at 13:26
Regular
Just wanted to ask why you have more than doubled the cost to Transfer a Domain Name from elsewhere you Freeola space???

Also, does it cost anything if we wish to transfer a Domain from Freeola to another provider???

Finaly, why is it you show prices for Internet names and the Transfer costs ex VAT??? Surly it would be more clearer to people if you inc VAT!!! It's just a bit of a bummer when you see domain cost, then goto buy it and find an extra cost has been added.

Thanks.
Fri 15/03/02 at 15:54
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I just noticed the transfer/renual bit on the getdotted site. Seems that £25 includes the two year renual for that Domain ... ops, sorry. lol

So does that means it's only £5 now to just transfer a Domain to Freeola, without renewing it yet??? or is that still £10???
Fri 01/03/02 at 13:14
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
funkygamer wrote:
> I'm starting to use http://www.just-the-name.co.uk to register my domain names,
> OK, it is a bit more expensive that your average place, but still cheaper than
> many, and you get complete control over your own domain....

You can transfer
> it to whereever you want it to be, technically, it always "stays" at
> just-the-name, but you point your web space and e-mail to whereever you want,
> without incurring a transfer fee.

Take a look, hopefully you will see what I
> mean.

The two firms I use don't charge for domain transfers at all!! You still get full control over the servers at either site!!
Fri 01/03/02 at 11:21
I'm starting to use http://www.just-the-name.co.uk to register my domain names, OK, it is a bit more expensive that your average place, but still cheaper than many, and you get complete control over your own domain....

You can transfer it to whereever you want it to be, technically, it always "stays" at just-the-name, but you point your web space and e-mail to whereever you want, without incurring a transfer fee.

Take a look, hopefully you will see what I mean.
Tue 26/02/02 at 19:46
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Hey, cjh, thanks for that. It was amd_man who said about not renewing. I agree though - £25 from £10 just sounds like cashing in, and if amd_man is representative, then F are going to find that a lot of their users will just stop registering. I was recommending a transfer to F from another host to some of my friends, but the £25 fee definitely makes it less viable for them.

Maybe F have found that they're getting used by more commercial clients, and they can hike the prices to suit that market, unlike us mere mortals for whom every penny counts. And that goes for the VAT as well - businesses don't care much about VAT inclusive prices.
Mon 25/02/02 at 20:58
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Well, I was only really moaning as I'd prefer prices to be inc VAT, more clear as to the final costs.

Freeola are one of the cheapest I've come accross ... but you gotat remember they give a lot of extras, not just the name, like other, cheaper places. Webspace, Email (unlimited) PHP, CGI etc...

I am a little miffed as to why it's sudden;y £25 exc VAT to transer when it used to be £10 inc VAT.
Mon 25/02/02 at 20:27
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Not renewing, because you can get it cheaper elsewhere, or just giving up?

I'm interested because I was considering moving a domain name over to F, but if you know of cheaper options, I'm willing to listen! Php, of course, is a must ..
Mon 25/02/02 at 14:14
Regular
i agree and i will not be renewing my domain this year with freeola, and sorry SR but i bet i am not the only one

c.b.
Mon 25/02/02 at 13:26
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just wanted to ask why you have more than doubled the cost to Transfer a Domain Name from elsewhere you Freeola space???

Also, does it cost anything if we wish to transfer a Domain from Freeola to another provider???

Finaly, why is it you show prices for Internet names and the Transfer costs ex VAT??? Surly it would be more clearer to people if you inc VAT!!! It's just a bit of a bummer when you see domain cost, then goto buy it and find an extra cost has been added.

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.