GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"InstantPro: 'footer' not been updated."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/01/13 at 13:10
"Are you sure?"
The other week I went to edit my InstantPro 'footer'.

In the past I've hacked this to display my latest Tweets. I need to update a URL to match a Twitter change to get it working again.

I found when I changed and saved my update my footer hasn't picked it up?

It's a slightly messy update as I'm using some JavaScript so can take a few attempts to get working with InstantPro. But I can't see why the footer changes aren't becoming live?

Can anyone else replicate this problem with footer edits?
I haven't tried again since I saw this problem about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Thu 24/01/13 at 19:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
'Frills' ;¬)
Thu 24/01/13 at 16:04
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
Ok is that better? If so then I'm done now.

Thanks Eccles.
Leave it with me, I'll try to reposition my AdSense when I get a moment.

Can't wait for the JS Plugin which should makes things simpler ;¬)

Thanks for all your help.
Thu 24/01/13 at 15:55
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Ok is that better? If so then I'm done now.
Thu 24/01/13 at 15:00
"Are you sure?"
I remember having to hack things to get things working when I did it a few years back ;¬)

I see all my footer 'boiler plate' text has disappeared now - can you pull that back?
Google's cache still has a copy if you haven't.

Also I was only displaying my latest tweet.

Let me know if/when you're finished making changes and I'll get back to it when I've time. Thanks for the help though :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 24/01/13 at 14:50
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
That was me! You've been naughty:P that old code was also in the Adsense box! That gets loaded right at the end of the page so was overriding everything.
The correct Twitter code to put in the Footer HTML is:

<div id="twitter_div">
<script src="http://twitter.com/javascripts/blogger.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<div id="twitter_update_list"></div>
<script src="http://api.twitter.com/1 /statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=your twitter screen name&include_rts=true&count=4 &callback=twitterCallback2" type="text/javascript"></script>
</div>

without the spaces in the JS URL.
Thu 24/01/13 at 14:39
"Are you sure?"
Thanks chaps.

I think I know what I need to correct for Twitter's changes as I did it for some non-InstantPro sites a while back.

My problem seems to be that when I try editing and saving my footer the changes aren't being made live.

i.e. At the moment on the live site I rattle on about "website build with InstantPro" and my privacy statement etc. in the footer, but when I'm editing the footer via MyFreeola I can't see this text in either normal or HTML view?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: Was that me or you??? I think it was you :¬)
I just cancelled out of the editor and refreshed the page and it's working?
Thu 24/01/13 at 14:25
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The issue with your Twitter code was that you were missing the HTML for the Javascript to write in to.
I've added <div id="twitter_div">
<ul id="twitter_update_list">
<li>&nbsp;</li>
</ul>
</div>
for you.
However there is still a problem with http:// pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js and one of the twitter js files.
Thu 24/01/13 at 14:17
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I've had a little look - when I load your site, the console in firebug shows a 404 error for the 'twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline...' url that you've inserted in to the footer.

That's certainly going to be causing some problems, whether it's the main issue or not i don't know.
Thu 24/01/13 at 13:10
"Are you sure?"
The other week I went to edit my InstantPro 'footer'.

In the past I've hacked this to display my latest Tweets. I need to update a URL to match a Twitter change to get it working again.

I found when I changed and saved my update my footer hasn't picked it up?

It's a slightly messy update as I'm using some JavaScript so can take a few attempts to get working with InstantPro. But I can't see why the footer changes aren't becoming live?

Can anyone else replicate this problem with footer edits?
I haven't tried again since I saw this problem about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks,

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.