GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HOLODECKS...surely the ultimate future"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/09/00 at 16:35
Regular
Well i doubt i will see one in my lifetime but i hope maybe my kids do ??
What could match a holodeck ? Create your own world and explore, get shot and u don't die. You can even eat the food in a holodeck (although i'm not sure how much of a substantial meal it would make)
How long untill they come, or at least some sort of GOOD fully 360 degree VR type thing.
A bit like the matrix really, except u don't have a big metal rod in your head.
THE FUTURE OF GAMING IS HOLODECKS !!
Mon 25/09/00 at 16:35
Well i doubt i will see one in my lifetime but i hope maybe my kids do ??
What could match a holodeck ? Create your own world and explore, get shot and u don't die. You can even eat the food in a holodeck (although i'm not sure how much of a substantial meal it would make)
How long untill they come, or at least some sort of GOOD fully 360 degree VR type thing.
A bit like the matrix really, except u don't have a big metal rod in your head.
THE FUTURE OF GAMING IS HOLODECKS !!
Mon 25/09/00 at 16:38
Let me guess, youre a Star Trek fan, arent you! It could be the matrix also I suppose, but I think that people wouldnt want the be a dream world all the time, even though they would not need to do a day of work in their lives? If you want escape, I suppose its a good idea, but youre right, its probably a long way off, maybe your kids, kids kids kids maight see it.
Mon 25/09/00 at 16:40
Not a trek fan...but i think holodecks would be COOL.
DO WHATEVER U WANT !! How can it be matched ?
Mon 25/09/00 at 16:43
Well I personally wouldnt want to play with a load of holograms that werent real.. what id do was have a real body suit of a role that i wanted to play, and I moulded the skin onto myself and went into a set or something and assumed the role of that person, in whatever the character was based on, whether it be Lara Croft or whatever! Probably a bit wierd that idea. Maybe your ideas better perrin.
Mon 25/09/00 at 16:45
maybe...anyone else got ideas on this ?
Mon 25/09/00 at 16:48
could do... there not normally a lot of people on here at this time- try again at 7.
Mon 25/09/00 at 16:50
ok :)
Mon 25/09/00 at 16:53
I come on now cause theres lots of people NOT on, so I can read all the comments then write stuff, then come back later to see what they have said.
Mon 25/09/00 at 17:19
Regular
I was talking about Wookies once to a friend. Someone, who had been listening to our conversation, asked if that was in Star Trek. Pitying the fool, I reminded him that it was in Star Wars, and Chewbacca is a Wookie. The boy then said, they are both the same anyway.
There was an inquiry to find out how the chair leg got shoved up so far, inseemingly impossible. But thankfully, my friends, also fans of Star Wars, kept quiet though their smirking grins.
I think the problem with VR, (just keeping my mind sane...) is that you have to move and walk around. Imagine how good you would be at fighting games if you could just think of moves. Your reactions would be amazing, and it would be so cool to play.
I'm not suggesting we all sit on our butts and hardly move, but the thought of being able to swim like a dolphin, jump like Mario, or shoot like Solid Snake, is just too amazing too pass by. I know its too far into the future, but just imagine...
Mon 25/09/00 at 17:20
Regular
Oops. Inseemingly impossible - Double negative. D'oh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.