GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medal of Honour Allied Assault"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 19:21
Regular
Best shooting game ever made?
Discuss.

I'd say it is. The AI is top notch, the gameplay is top notch, the graphics are great and the attention to detail is astonishing. Beats any other shooting game ever made in my opinion.

Would you agree or do you love Half Life or something else more?
Mon 21/01/13 at 17:06
Regular
Welcome to My Forum. Please feel free to make posts and add threads. If you have have any specific queries I will try to answer them.
Mon 25/02/02 at 20:11
Regular
"relocated"
I'd have to say that Deus Ex is still my favourite. I just love the freedom it gives you to play in your own way. And I ended up restarting my game after the part where you switch sides, so that I could get rid of the 'terrorists' using non-lethal methods. If only I was so well behaved in GTA3...
Mon 25/02/02 at 20:07
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I like all Medal of Honor games and I just knew I had to get this one. And you are right attention to detail is brilliant. Ok it aint Metal Gear SOlid 2, where you could interact with almost any part of the scenery but its still a brilliant representation of war.

Gameplay is great and it isnt an easy game in my opinion. I am on the level that was on the single player demo right now. And yes in my opinion it is by far the best FPS on any system
Mon 25/02/02 at 19:49
Regular
"That's right!"
It could've done with some more missions where you were part of the army, or just in a group again

Too many completely solo missions

But other than that, and the fact that it's WAY too short (short, not easy) and I've completed it already (my walkthrough is already up - check it out) it's a fantastic game

Hopefully the modders will soon be making British guns/soldiers/levels :)
Mon 25/02/02 at 18:22
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
½pint wrote:
> I think that the beach landing bit is the best bit. Its really atmospheric, and
> you get the sense of being part of an army, unlike other missions when you're on
> your own.

That's what I love about Medal of Honor. The attention to detail is truly magnificient. In how many other games do you see buildings falling apart after you fire them, and actually see planes flying above you dropping bombs around you. Most games just wouldn't have the guts to try it as it sucks up too much power. Medal of Honor did it though and the result it truly magnificient.

Gameplays great, but when you've added stuff like people hiding in cupboards, enemies running away from you and crying when you storm in a building, soldiers crying during a beach landing, those planes upahead you know that this is no ordinary shooter. It's just the best shooting game ever made in my opinion.
Sun 24/02/02 at 19:49
Regular
"¬_¬"
I think that the beach landing bit is the best bit. Its really atmospheric, and you get the sense of being part of an army, unlike other missions when you're on your own.
Sun 24/02/02 at 19:28
Well i have half life but i never played MOH:AA yet but i have been hearing great things about it so im considering it

but at the min half life would still be my fav shooter
Sun 24/02/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Best shooting game ever made?
Discuss.

I'd say it is. The AI is top notch, the gameplay is top notch, the graphics are great and the attention to detail is astonishing. Beats any other shooting game ever made in my opinion.

Would you agree or do you love Half Life or something else more?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.