GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"files don't show on the net"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/12/12 at 16:52
Regular
can anyone help me? I've uploaded my site via Dreamweaver FTP and can see my site on the host and all files are in the correct directories but my site doesn't show on the internet. Just a page saying the developer (me) has not uploaded them to the internet. Well I have and they are visible on the host so how do I get the site to show up on the internet. I've tired useing IE8 too but makes no difference
Wed 26/12/12 at 16:05
Staff
Our apologies, the site should now be showing correctly. For some reason the database and symlinks linking your website to the folder on the server had come out of synchronisation. I've manually cleared out the incorrect entries and re-added the correct ones. Please let us know if you have any further difficulties and again my apologies.
Wed 26/12/12 at 11:23
"Are you sure?"
Morning...

I see your website is on webserver1 standard hosting.
I've got sites on that server which are working fine.

I also see you had a working site in place - can you provide some more details? Have you just moved to Freeola or are you re-vamping the site from a previous working one?

If you are just moving to Freeola and you have your files in the correct place etc. (htdocs directory) then it may just be the DNS servers need time to update.

Raising a Support Ticket is often the best way to sort hosting issues - also remember you posted on Xmas day so people are rather busy :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/12/12 at 20:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
dee1 wrote:
my website is:

www.drakewallsbedandbreakfast.co.uk

I have all htm htmal etc files everything as it should be but the site is not showing on the net even though ALL files are up on the host

thanks, I appreciate any help

I can only see that the URL was registered Sept 2005 and expires Sept 2013 and that there was some activity today 25/12/12! Your URL returns the usual Freeola 404 page, which isn't a problem in itself, but as Hmmm has said earlier, have you made sure that your home page is 'index.html or index.htm' as either will do! If any of your 'page' files link to anything different ... then there is the 'no display' ... so 404
Tue 25/12/12 at 20:17
Regular
my website is:

www.drakewallsbedandbreakfast.co.uk

I have all htm htmal etc files everything as it should be but the site is not showing on the net even though ALL files are up on the host

thanks, I appreciate any help
Tue 25/12/12 at 20:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Also add your home page url ... so we can see
Tue 25/12/12 at 17:45
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

It's worth saying which Freeola hosting package you are using.

Have you got an index.htm/html/php/shtml in place?

Feel free to post your website address. Visitors normally see a Freeola 404 page if something's missing.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/12/12 at 16:52
Regular
can anyone help me? I've uploaded my site via Dreamweaver FTP and can see my site on the host and all files are in the correct directories but my site doesn't show on the internet. Just a page saying the developer (me) has not uploaded them to the internet. Well I have and they are visible on the host so how do I get the site to show up on the internet. I've tired useing IE8 too but makes no difference

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.