GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which game?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 14:25
Regular
Nope, this aint one of them crappy which game shall i buy topics, instead, which game got you onto the Sony console route?

For me, it was Destruction Derby on PS1. At the time this was a class game. My cousin use to come down to my house with his PS1 and this is all i would play on. Despite its bad controls at the time it was a very realistic game. The cars behaved realistic with the way they crumpled and crashed, and the sounds were excellent. Also the graphics were brilliant and this really helped the way the cars were wrecked.

Other than this game it was Tomb Raider that again got me into Sony, we all know how good that game was, just a shame it couldnt be carried on down the series.

So what game got you onto the Sony machines?
Sun 24/02/02 at 14:25
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Nope, this aint one of them crappy which game shall i buy topics, instead, which game got you onto the Sony console route?

For me, it was Destruction Derby on PS1. At the time this was a class game. My cousin use to come down to my house with his PS1 and this is all i would play on. Despite its bad controls at the time it was a very realistic game. The cars behaved realistic with the way they crumpled and crashed, and the sounds were excellent. Also the graphics were brilliant and this really helped the way the cars were wrecked.

Other than this game it was Tomb Raider that again got me into Sony, we all know how good that game was, just a shame it couldnt be carried on down the series.

So what game got you onto the Sony machines?
Sun 24/02/02 at 14:29
Regular
dunno really i just went into a shop one day and got one, the game that got me into my PS2 though was probebrly Smugglers Run which i saw a demo of it and thought it looked amazing
Sun 24/02/02 at 14:54
Regular
"WWJD"
don't know i think i just got a PS1 but i really liked Vigilante 8 it is a class game you can have loads of fun playing on your own or with your mates and MGS
Sun 24/02/02 at 14:59
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
First Sony encounter, eh...

*fades into a deeeeep sleep...*

{I was searching the shops for Final Fantasy 7 back in summer of 2001 when I couldn't find it anywhere. So i searched. And i searched. And then, realising that Ill never find FF7, i was happy to settle with FF8. I borrowed FF7 from a friend and FF8 lay unopened for 2 days. Then i thoughtm "Hey a payed £19.99 for that!" and opened FF8. So i guess my first real Sony entrance was FF7. But i liked FF8 better.}

*rises from the deeeeep sleep*
Sun 24/02/02 at 15:01
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Well, Ridge Racer got me started with Sony, it was class at the time. I used to play it round my mates and I whooped his a.. butt everytime.

DOA2 made me get a PS2 and I still think it's the best beat-em-up for Sony's console.
Sun 24/02/02 at 15:02
Regular
"WWJD"
But is that the game that made you get a PS1?
Sun 24/02/02 at 15:07
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Longy:0) wrote:
> But is that the game that made you get a PS1?

I...think it was, or maybe it was Wipeout.

One of the two. Then later on, before I got a PS1, I saw a legless, armless and neckless character called Rayman. This game made me crave for a Playstation even more!
Sun 24/02/02 at 15:09
Regular
Pro Evo wrote:
>For me, it was Destruction Derby on PS1.

Snap! My friend bought this, and I was hooked! I think (though its hazy now) that I got the fire pack from SR, but that could have been my brother... not sure. Anyway, it was initially DD that did it - though I never bought the game.

Once I`d decided it was the console to go for, I bought a few mags, and went for Wipeout 2097 and Crash Bandicoot as my first two games on PSone.
Sun 24/02/02 at 15:12
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Now that you mention it, the first game that made me really sit up and say 'I have to have a Playstation' was Gran Turismo. Ammusingly, when I got round to buying one, my first game was Final Fantasy VII. In fact, the first game I bought in the GT series was GT3 for PS2. Odd that. :)
Sun 24/02/02 at 17:21
I liked playing Ridge Racer at the arcades so got a Playstion with Ridge Racer Revolution, then got Destruction Derby 2 soon after and loved the damage effects with bits of the car flying everywhere. I used to block the track with my car at the narrowest point and cause a massive pile up of cars.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.