GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Raging Rip Off?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 13:11
Regular
Remember when you walk into the shop or buy that game on SR with you spanking £30-40 from auntie ethel from the money left over from christmas? You have a plan when you walk into the shop and buy that game that you can only afford due to christmas money. So you go upto the counter and part with your cash.
Eagerly running home you whack the game into the colsole and load it up. Its a good game, but a week later you complete it."sigh" it has no mutipleyer and hardly any replay value, so you take it back to the shop where you brought it and part excnahge it for another.
You walk up the the counter, the box and CD still in prestine condition and the guy behind the counter says - yer ill give you a tenner for that.
A TENNER??!!! you only paid nearly £50 a week before. You explain but he says take it or leave it. The moral of this story? READ reviews and take SR word for it when they say its a good game. My main Q was whats the most youve paid for a game and then been offered back for it???
I paid £45 for goldeneye and 3 months later i was offered a £5 - and i got the N64 the day it came out and brought goldeneye sepertely.Frustrated? Yes i was and thats why i find demos so good.

Thanks for reasding my rant!

Regular :P
Mon 25/02/02 at 02:23
Regular
Titanic wrote:
> Yeah but it's the same thing in the end.

And I don't want no lecture on how
> the two version have added extras over the oter etc

Its not that,just the fact the chances of finding a copy are about the same as starlight getting lai...
:op
Mon 25/02/02 at 02:16
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
*Other
Mon 25/02/02 at 02:15
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
online auctions.. 2 quid for a cd album, 10 quid for a 3 quid magazine (not the adult variety), 250000 quid for wife.

(I have to write quid because this keyboard doesn't have a pound sign and I can't be bothered to insert the symbol every time)
Mon 25/02/02 at 02:15
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
Yeah but it's the same thing in the end.

And I don't want no lecture on how the two version have added extras over the oter etc
Mon 25/02/02 at 02:08
Regular
The PSone version not the PC version
Mon 25/02/02 at 01:21
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
Mystique wrote:
> Put Diablo on ebay and you can get upto £60 for it

£60 for some pc game and £8 for an N64, isn't E Bay just great
Mon 25/02/02 at 01:11
Regular
Put Diablo on ebay and you can get upto £60 for it
Sun 24/02/02 at 21:41
yeah
once i tried to sell my old N64 about 6 months ago
DO you know how much money they offered 4 it?DO YOU REALLY NOW? WELL IT WAS----------------£8.00-------------
is that it i said and he said yep its old and crap yeah i admit it it was old but it wasnt crap. I felt like punching him!
Sun 24/02/02 at 21:36
Regular
"699 days!"
Regular wrote:
> dont you have to pay to sign up?

No, not to buy things. Only if you want to sell do you have to pay anything.
Sun 24/02/02 at 17:18
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Yeah.
I got Wip3out:special edition for £1.98 (ex-rental) at
> Blockbuster.

I got it from Gaem, preowned, for £7.99. Damn

Once I traded Rogue Squadro nand got £3! Tsk tsk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.