GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"rpgs rpgs!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/02/02 at 21:02
Regular
i want a decent rpg to come out on cube
i.e something final fantasy style.
PSO II will be online so :( and the only other one ive heard of is skys of arcadia which looks a little to ameican manga to me...
Breath of fire or summit old skool would be nice
(viv la FF!)
Tue 05/03/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I don't know whether you know but a version of Ogre Battle (Tactics Ogre:Knight of Lodis) is coming out on GBA, whether it will come out in England though I don't know.
Mon 25/02/02 at 22:21
Right lets clear up this mess ;)

PSO v2 can be played online or offline with up to 4 players.

Luigi's mansion is NOT an rpg ROFL

Zelda is more of an Adventure these days. And to the man that sad the graphics are pants HOHOHO, and too short? The big man already confirmed Zelda is one title that will NEVER be short.

Star Fox will have Adventure elements but is a mix of many styles.

You want to know about the real RPGs ya?

First we have Skies of Arcadia, ported from Sega's Dreamcast and a superb game. That is out in May in Japan and probably Europe by late september.

Then we have Rune - A Card Based RPG. This one has real time battles and is due in Japan in March. Hopefully a worldwide release will follow.

Next we have the rumour of a Golden Sun on the Gamecube. Even if it does happen it probably won't appear until 2003 sometime.

There are massive rumours that any extension to the superb sega rpg series Shining Force would end up on cube. Sady that would also probably be 2003.

Your next choice is a game that will be a bit of Adventure, a bit of RPG. Kameo Elements of Power by Rare. I would have judged this as an adventure game myself but Nintendo have stuck it under the RPG section. The game sees you as this princess Kameo, Capturing Monsters and controlling them in battles.

The only other one I can think of right now is an obscure title coming out in Japan in the summer that is similar to Kameo called Gold Star Mountain but this game has you controlling a boy with ... A Gun!

Anyway, hope that helps.
Mon 25/02/02 at 22:00
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
entertain me
Mon 25/02/02 at 18:24
Don't tell me you haven't found an rpg on NGC, there are about a million from zelda.....to luigi's mansion....i could go on all night......
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:59
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What about Zelda??
It's a long, long wait away, but it should be one to get!
Even if it IS shorter and the graphics are pants, that's no reason not to get one!!
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:50
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well there's Dinasaur Planet which is kinda like N64's Zelda, but I know what you mean about there not being a Final Fantasy tyle RPG!

The Gamecube REALLY does need one!

:)
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:02
i want a decent rpg to come out on cube
i.e something final fantasy style.
PSO II will be online so :( and the only other one ive heard of is skys of arcadia which looks a little to ameican manga to me...
Breath of fire or summit old skool would be nice
(viv la FF!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.