GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Photoshop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/02/02 at 20:48
Regular
I recently got this program and apparently its the best thing since sliced bread.

If you have any tip or tricks that youve found really useful since you had the program just slap em in here.

Thanks

-----

Question: Does anyone know how to make a certain colour on an image change to a different colour without having to edit every single bit? (That make sense?!)
Mon 25/02/02 at 11:08
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Fogmaster wrote:
> I was making a button the other day, silly me made it on the same layer as the
> background, so adding bevels...etc wouldn't have the right effect, deleting the
> background got rid of some of the button too, so the magic wand was unleashed,
> but I found it had to be at around 200 to work properly, any less and it didn't
> get all the image and looked very rough, and the bevels looked bad...etc

not sure if you know, but if you hold don ctrl when you click with the magic wand you can select several areas with it at once - they can be any colour. (well, its either ctrl or shift. i think its ctrl. not checked) i always find that quite a useful thing to be able to do. sometimes i find fiddling with the settings to be more hassle - but then i'm lazy!!
Mon 25/02/02 at 10:04
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
well it was only a simple mask > fill > Gau blur > levels job so it would have taken about 1 min to do again, but me = lazy, I didn't bother saving at the end anyway.
Mon 25/02/02 at 09:58
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> I was making a button the other day, silly me made it on the same layer as the
> background, so adding bevels...etc wouldn't have the right effect, deleting the
> background got rid of some of the button too, so the magic wand was unleashed,
> but I found it had to be at around 200 to work properly, any less and it didn't
> get all the image and looked very rough, and the bevels looked bad...etc

Lesson here... Use the history pallet!! Saves a lot of time and effort!:-)
Mon 25/02/02 at 09:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I was making a button the other day, silly me made it on the same layer as the background, so adding bevels...etc wouldn't have the right effect, deleting the background got rid of some of the button too, so the magic wand was unleashed, but I found it had to be at around 200 to work properly, any less and it didn't get all the image and looked very rough, and the bevels looked bad...etc
Mon 25/02/02 at 07:52
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> I find that to get the whole image (1 colour) you need the Tolerance at about 200, otherwise it's all pixely, still a good tool

Why would you want to select the whole image?
Mon 25/02/02 at 07:51
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Dav1d wrote:
> I recently got this program and apparently its the best thing since sliced bread.

If you have any tip or tricks that youve found really useful since you had the program just slap em in here.

I could go on all day about Photoshop, i get paid to use it everyday. The best wat to learn is to play and master "layers"....

>Question: Does anyone know how to make a certain colour on an image change to a different colour without having to edit every single bit? (That make sense?!)

Image: Adjust: Hue/Saturation (Use Colourise to change the colour of everything)

Image: Adjust: Replace Colour

Image : Adjust: Selective Colour

Image : Adjust: Variations

Some of these will help fo now!!
Sun 24/02/02 at 21:38
Regular
Im sure more people have photoshop here.....
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:16
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Just looking on Kazaa, never realised there were so many plug-ins.

magic wand is great, magic even, I find that to get the whole image (1 colour) you need the Tolerance at about 200, otherwise it's all pixely, still a good tool
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:46
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Dav1d wrote:
> I recently got this program and apparently its the best thing since sliced
> bread.

If you have any tip or tricks that youve found really useful since you
> had the program just slap em in here.

Thanks

-----

Question: Does
> anyone know how to make a certain colour on an image change to a different
> colour without having to edit every single bit? (That make sense?!)

First things first, i would try using the magic wand tool - you can select an area by colour and then colour it, although it's a bit tricky if it's not a well defined area - play around with the settings a little.

As for tips, erm, search on google for the free downloads of the Eyecandy plug-in set - you can get the old versions for free - very cool filters and effects.
Sat 23/02/02 at 20:58
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
http://www.absolutecross.com/
http://www.fresherimage.com/
http://www.guistuff.com/

tutorials are good fun, I find 'Filter > Artistic' the most useful and intresting effects, also importing images into Fireworks and using some of their effects, it is a great program.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.