GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Home page not showing up online"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/11/12 at 18:42
Regular
Hi folks. What is supposed to be the lag time between posting your Instant Pro Homepage (just the one page in my case) online and it actually appearing? My web page ScaryLetter.com isn't showing, even though the Site Overview says "your page is live on the web"... Thanks!
Fri 09/11/12 at 19:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
InterviewABC wrote:
Hey, thanks guys!

Weird thing is, I'm still not seeing the site on my PC, iPhone or iPad! But obviously you've seen it and it's visible on my girlfriend's BlackBerry. Must be a cache thing of some description!

We're pleased to be of assistance :¬)

Next best thing ... switch them all off, wait and count to 73 and then switch them all back on again ... (extremely secretive technical advice) ... you should be able to view your homepage.
Fri 09/11/12 at 19:06
Regular
Hey, thanks guys!

Weird thing is, I'm still not seeing the site on my PC, iPhone or iPad! But obviously you've seen it and it's visible on my girlfriend's BlackBerry. Must be a cache thing of some description!

Thanks for the Google/Bing submission tips: much appreciated.
Fri 09/11/12 at 19:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Soz Numnut, but guess I got there first ;¬)
Fri 09/11/12 at 18:57
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Usually you'd expect to wait around an hour or so if you'd only just pointed the domain name to your site. If the domain's been associated with the site for longer than that, then the 'publish this site' button is pretty instant.

I've been able to view your site without any problems, so if you're seeing an error page or nothing it could be caching which'll sort itself out in an hour or two.

Here's your site

As it's a new site, you wont find it by searching in google or bing - they won't be aware of it yet. With InstantPro sites, it's a good idea to verify your site with both Google and Bings' webmaster tools, and submit your sitemap as well. Generally you're added to their indexes a little quicker that way.

How to Verify with Google

How to Submit your sitemap
Fri 09/11/12 at 18:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi InterviewABC and welcome to the forums. Your homepage is showing just fine to me ... a ghost story set in your own home written by a Dr. Who scriptwriter ... pb will be pleased :¬)
Fri 09/11/12 at 18:42
Regular
Hi folks. What is supposed to be the lag time between posting your Instant Pro Homepage (just the one page in my case) online and it actually appearing? My web page ScaryLetter.com isn't showing, even though the Site Overview says "your page is live on the web"... Thanks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.