GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cinema or Home Cinema?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/12 at 09:34
"possibly impossible"
So I've now got my 5.1 surround setup sorted (thanks, in part, to Cash Converters buying all my old stuff off me and giving me more than the new equipment costs).

With my TV, sound system and blu-ray player, plus Netflix, I have pretty much got a full cinema set up in my house. OK, so the TV is only 42" and not a huge screen, plus the kids are often running around, but I never have someone eating loudly next to me, I don't have someone tall sitting in front of me and I can even pause a film if I need to.

On the other hand, my local cinema now has a permanent offer for £4 tickets on any move showing on a Monday. They've recently changed the screens and the seats are pretty comfy. It's still a better experience overall if you don't get annoying people sitting near you.

But then 2 or 3 films at the cinema is the same cost as a Blu-ray which you can watch over and over again, or the price of a month of Netflix.

To counter this (again), films appear first on the cinema and there's still a 4-6 month wait for the film to come out on disc.

So, which is it? Cinema or Home Cinema? Which do you prefer? I'm erring on the side of Home Cinema at the moment, as long as I can get time to watch the films I want when the kids are in bed.
Mon 22/10/12 at 10:44
Regular
"May contain nuts"
Depends how much you want to see the film I guess.

Like you for most films I'm happy to wait till it comes out on DVD or Netflix as most films turn out to be boring rubbish IMO while others I know happily shell out £15 a month for a certain chains' unlimited card but I don't have the time to make use of such a facility so the cost would be wasted.

The only film franchise I HAVE to go and see are the new Bond movies when they come out and I pay about £8.30 for a ticket.

I then tend to buy the DVD too as I can watch them again and again.
Mon 22/10/12 at 09:34
"possibly impossible"
So I've now got my 5.1 surround setup sorted (thanks, in part, to Cash Converters buying all my old stuff off me and giving me more than the new equipment costs).

With my TV, sound system and blu-ray player, plus Netflix, I have pretty much got a full cinema set up in my house. OK, so the TV is only 42" and not a huge screen, plus the kids are often running around, but I never have someone eating loudly next to me, I don't have someone tall sitting in front of me and I can even pause a film if I need to.

On the other hand, my local cinema now has a permanent offer for £4 tickets on any move showing on a Monday. They've recently changed the screens and the seats are pretty comfy. It's still a better experience overall if you don't get annoying people sitting near you.

But then 2 or 3 films at the cinema is the same cost as a Blu-ray which you can watch over and over again, or the price of a month of Netflix.

To counter this (again), films appear first on the cinema and there's still a 4-6 month wait for the film to come out on disc.

So, which is it? Cinema or Home Cinema? Which do you prefer? I'm erring on the side of Home Cinema at the moment, as long as I can get time to watch the films I want when the kids are in bed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.