GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just played on an Xbox and....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/02/02 at 16:37
Regular
it sucks, I walked in and thought wayhey an xbox, lets see the greatest graphics ever seen on a console and some decent games yet "amped" one of it's great games look on par with SSX:Tricky but just a bit better anti analysed and talking of which I expected it to be all as sharp as can be but I still noticed some flickering on the edges, or is it me after seeing games like Shadow of Memories, RRV etc that I have an eye for it, I dunno either way it's not very good. I know it's early days but still, I say stick with your PS2 or gamecube, oh and I bought an N64 and a copy of Mario on the way out,hehe :-D
Sat 23/02/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Back For Good"
you get used to it :-)

I found the controls in red faction a little slow but luckily there was sensitivity options, works though, most PS2 FPS use both analog sticks and I think gamecube and Xbox games will follow.
Sat 23/02/02 at 18:04
Regular
I found Red Faction a complete Nightmare to control. I dont like the idea at all. N64 pad worked much better for me, especially with the trigger button at the back.
Sat 23/02/02 at 18:01
Regular
"Back For Good"
Edgy wrote:
It's definately worse than the PS2's.

The N64's controller is
> brilliant to hold! It's comfortable, buttons easy to reach, and the best
> controller ever for FPS games.

I disagree, The N64 pad is awkwardly designed and too spread out and as for First person shooters nothing can match up to the PS2 pad using both analog sticks and all shoulder buttons :-P
Sat 23/02/02 at 17:36
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
will1980 wrote:
> Pictures i have seen of the xbox show it as about the size of a dreamcast but
> its massive. I thought that the controllers were about the size of a dreamcast,
> not the console!!!If i was to buy one i would have to extend my house to fit it
> in my bedroom, and get the console up there by using a crane and knocking a
> massive hole in my wall!!!!!

I agree, the Xbox is actually the same size as my HUGE dell computer! AND it weighs a ton!
Sat 23/02/02 at 17:27
Pictures i have seen of the xbox show it as about the size of a dreamcast but its massive. I thought that the controllers were about the size of a dreamcast, not the console!!!If i was to buy one i would have to extend my house to fit it in my bedroom, and get the console up there by using a crane and knocking a massive hole in my wall!!!!!
Sat 23/02/02 at 17:26
Regular
Res€vilfan wrote:
> Indian-DudeY2K wrote:
> i know, what do you think of the control ?

Worse
> than the N64's and thats saying something ;-)

It's definately worse than the PS2's.

The N64's controller is brilliant to hold! It's comfortable, buttons easy to reach, and the best controller ever for FPS games.
Sat 23/02/02 at 17:24
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Res€vilfan wrote:
> Indian-DudeY2K wrote:

Worse
> than the N64's and thats saying something ;-)

the n64's was good ! the dreamcasts was a bit of a problem though , the shape was all wrong.
Sat 23/02/02 at 17:23
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, had you not had any preconseptions about Sony, I think any gamer would have though the PS2 was doomed to fail by the same logic- bad Anti Aliasing (or lack of it), unoriginal games on the whole, and many games had graphics not much better than PSX and certainly no better than DC on the whole.

However, there were some gems, like SSX. Just as the Xbox has some gems like DOA3, Halo and Project Gotham. Suffice it to say that both consoles have a bright future.

Sonic
Sat 23/02/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Back For Good"
Indian-DudeY2K wrote:

Worse than the N64's and thats saying something ;-)
Sat 23/02/02 at 17:17
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i know , but it wasn't as big as i thought it would be .... it was bigger !!

not really but it was pretty big , atleast 3 dreamcasts !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.