GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Domain Registration & Renewal Pricing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/10/12 at 16:13
Regular
Just wondering what everyone thinks on GetDotted's domain pricing...

They're charging £3.99 a year for a .co.uk domain when you register it, but they want to charge me £5.89 + VAT for a year to renew it.

I've never seen a company charge more for renewal than registration... its either the same as registration, or less !

Just after some others opinions on this...

I'm not very happy at all.
Thu 13/02/14 at 20:33
Regular
OK I'll have a hunt around, cheers.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread).
Thu 13/02/14 at 19:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
D4FT wrote:
I've just bought a domain for £2.99.

Congratulations :¬)

There was no mention of discount. Does this mean it'll be more when I come to renew?

It shouldn't ... discount only applies to holding more domains

Do all domains come with unlimited hosting? It seems strange that I can have unlimited hosting but have to pay monthly to send emails. At the moment I can only have emails redirected.

I'd look at your MySupport account for that ...
Thu 13/02/14 at 19:32
Regular
I was drawn in by :

Unlimited Freebies for every Domain Customer:

free unlimited e-mail
Unlimited Addresses
Unlimited Mailboxes
Free Antivirus & Anti-Spam
Advanced E-mail Controls

And all I seem to be able to do is receive emails by having them redirected to my other address.
Thu 13/02/14 at 19:28
Regular
I've just bought a domain for £2.99. There was no mention of discount. Does this mean it'll be more when I come to renew?

Do all domains come with unlimited hosting? It seems strange that I can have unlimited hosting but have to pay monthly to send emails. At the moment I can only have emails redirected.
Mon 15/10/12 at 09:39
"Are you sure?"
Hi Immental1200,
Like me you seem to be on the 40% discount package with the price you quote.

FWIW - I'm happy with Freeola's pricing (obviously everyone wants cheap but you also want some quality!).

I always renew for 2 years at a time, for just over a tenner or £5 a year for registration and unlimited hosting.

Surely a getting a decent service for much less than that (10p a week!) is asking a lot?!?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 14/10/12 at 20:58
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Immental1200 wrote:

Ask your self this ...

Have you had a good year of hosting?
Was it worth the initial outlay?
You do realise that registered .co.uk domains cost more than unregistered!

EDIT:

Considering that you've only been registered here for 0 days ... please feel free to contribute a little more frequently within the many Forum options :¬)
Sun 14/10/12 at 16:50
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
As per my response to your ticket enquiry, we offer a discount rate for purchase of a domain initially. This results in a much better deal for customers registering a domain, and does mean that naturally, the subsequent payment for renewal is often higher than the initial outlay.

This is not uncommon practice for domain resellers. Additionally, our renewal prices are pretty well in line with companies offering a similar level of service to us, and are not in any way unreasonable, as I am sure most of our customers will agree.
Sun 14/10/12 at 16:13
Regular
Just wondering what everyone thinks on GetDotted's domain pricing...

They're charging £3.99 a year for a .co.uk domain when you register it, but they want to charge me £5.89 + VAT for a year to renew it.

I've never seen a company charge more for renewal than registration... its either the same as registration, or less !

Just after some others opinions on this...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.