GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Websites unavailable - DNS outage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/10/12 at 09:18
"Are you sure?"
Morning - I've been scrambling round trying to see what's going on with some of my sites (mostly one's hosted on server 2 and 7 it seemed).

I found one domain totally unavailable rather than just running slowly - and worryingly a whois on the domain (co.uk) shows it as available to register. I renewed in Jan 2012.

I was halfway through raising a support ticket and happened to catch the new item that appeared on the Status Page about DNS problems so cancelled the ticket.

Hopefully this is connected to the on-going DNS problem but thought I would just ask here in case this is something different and I should raise a ticket?

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Thinking about this some more -
Actually a whois looks fine it's just Freeola's domain availability search that shows it's available - so I guess it's all related to the outage. Not one I've seen before.
Doing a similar search from a different provider (feel dirty now!) shows it correctly taken!
Mon 08/10/12 at 09:18
"Are you sure?"
Morning - I've been scrambling round trying to see what's going on with some of my sites (mostly one's hosted on server 2 and 7 it seemed).

I found one domain totally unavailable rather than just running slowly - and worryingly a whois on the domain (co.uk) shows it as available to register. I renewed in Jan 2012.

I was halfway through raising a support ticket and happened to catch the new item that appeared on the Status Page about DNS problems so cancelled the ticket.

Hopefully this is connected to the on-going DNS problem but thought I would just ask here in case this is something different and I should raise a ticket?

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Thinking about this some more -
Actually a whois looks fine it's just Freeola's domain availability search that shows it's available - so I guess it's all related to the outage. Not one I've seen before.
Doing a similar search from a different provider (feel dirty now!) shows it correctly taken!
Mon 08/10/12 at 16:40
Regular
"May contain nuts"
Hmmm

Have you checked your domains against the Nominet WHOIS
Mon 08/10/12 at 17:19
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Sorry about that. Should be all back to normal now. We were performing some maintenance at one of the data centres last night (just woken up, sleeping in the day is strange!) and this affect cross server access for the availability checker and a few other things. DNS wasn't really related to the maintenance. I think it just got jealous.
Mon 08/10/12 at 17:28
"Are you sure?"
pctech wrote:
Hmmm

Have you checked your domains against the Nominet WHOIS

Yep - all ok. As I mentioned it was only Freeola's view that had a problem.

@Eccles
Thanks - All been ok for me since the Status Page item was closed this morning :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 08/10/12 at 19:02
Regular
"May contain nuts"
You really must stop staring at those racks, Eccles, you're making the servers nervous :)
Mon 08/10/12 at 20:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pctech wrote:
You really must stop staring at those racks, Eccles, you're making the servers nervous :)

Now there's a man that knows ;¬)
Mon 08/10/12 at 20:21
Regular
"May contain nuts"
@DL ;)

PCs and servers start working again when I approach them.
Mon 08/10/12 at 21:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
A man of our time ... apply for the job now :¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.