GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Allowing ports on Netgear N300 modem/router"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/09/12 at 17:23
Regular
Hi,

Just a quick question.

I need to be able to connect my camera's wifi to my pc.

The camera appears to connect to my LAN (it gets past 'Connecting to network'), but stalls at 'Connecting to computer'.

The network guide says to allow TCP 15740 and UDP 5353 in order for the camera to connect.

Can someone please guide me through this process for my particular router.

Many thanks,

Neil
Mon 01/10/12 at 09:31
Regular
"May contain nuts"
Hi

What security software are you using?
Sat 29/09/12 at 14:27
Regular
[RESOLVED]

I tried that too.

I reset my firewall to learning mode deleting all previous user settings a further time, and this time it picked up the camera.

At last.

Many thanks for all your efforts.

N.
Thu 27/09/12 at 19:03
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I notice that the D4 also has a wired LAN connection ... can you use this or does it act the same?

EDIT:

I assume that you've seen this:

Network Manual D4 :¬)
Thu 27/09/12 at 15:42
Regular
Tried that.

Initially, the image transfer continued, but if I restarted the session, then it failed to connect.

N.
Thu 27/09/12 at 15:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Now you know it connects without the firewall enabled, leave the camera connected and then re-enable the firewall and see what happens.
Thu 27/09/12 at 15:08
Regular
It's just a straight wifi connection to the PC.

No software loaded for the connection/automated image download.

N.
Thu 27/09/12 at 14:55
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
You may just need to add the camera software to the program exceptions list on your firewall software. The vast majority of modern firewalls seem have easy methods for doing this.
Thu 27/09/12 at 14:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I wouldn't have thought that there was a problem 'naming' your firewall software.

I've tried a lot of them! AVG and ZoneAlarm will assist you automatically by asking you if you want to allow 'X' when it first tries to connect ... you just confirm the prompt and it's stored for good.
Thu 27/09/12 at 14:40
Regular
Disabled my software firewall and the pc connected.

Now I'm stumped as I don't know what to adjust in my firewall (third party/not Freeola so can't say name).

N.
Thu 27/09/12 at 11:54
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
I'd be surprised if you need to set up any port forwarding, it's probably just advising that you to ensure that these ports are not blocked by the firewall in your router.

I've not used the Netgear router that you have in place, however providing that you do not have port forwarding set up for these ports and it's firewall is not filtering LAN to LAN traffic, I can't see that it would cause a problem.

I'd expect that you may just need to run the software on your PC, which I'd expect would cause your PC to listen on those ports, then connect your camera to the network.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.