GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"drink-posting: a menace to society?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/02/02 at 03:35
Regular
OK so this is my first post and it's, what, 3am on a Friday night so I am the tiniest little bit the worse for wear. Apologies, then, in advance for anything inappropriate I might say or any unwanted declarations of love that might slip out. Since this IS my first post I won't be claiming that any of you are my besht, besht friends. That will happen next Friday.

Right so the point of this post is that although I've been thinking about posting for a while - and even registered a few days ago - its taken until now to actually do it. Oh, if only you all weren't so witty and interesting, I wouldn't need the dutch courage of a skinfull to join in the discussion! Of course, it's a stupid way to do it cos after a few beers my rapier-like wit has all the cutting edge of a plastic light-sabre. But what's a newbie to do?

Please post breathing-techniques, encouragement, digital valium, tales of losing your forum virginity etc etc. Go on, please.
Sat 23/02/02 at 10:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
Shaneo's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 23/02/02 at 10:32
FantasyMeister wrote:
Tales of
> Losing My Forum Virginity: "I post, therefore I spam." -
> Descartes.

Says it all really.

ROFL! That is too good!
Sat 23/02/02 at 10:23
"possibly impossible"
If Sheepy's anything to go by, you'll be well away.

Now everybody sing at the top of their voice...Show me the way to go home....
Sat 23/02/02 at 08:23
Regular
Goatboy always seems to be drunk when he comes on.... and still wins gad for teh gibberiesh he/she/it spouts out.

And I try sooo hard.....
Sat 23/02/02 at 03:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
unknown kernel wrote:
Please post breathing-techniques, encouragement, digital valium, tales of losing your forum virginity etc etc. Go on, please.

Breathing techniques: Depends what you're doing at the time, but generally an inhale followed by an exhale works quite well. Unless, of course, you are a fish. Fish have a saying: 'Go with the flow'. Never try to inhale whilst drinking.

Encouragement: Anyone who can make me laugh with their first post, even when I'm sober, gets my vote for something. Dunno what that something is. But I'll work it out.

Digital Valium: I'd never heard this phrase before, and because it's 3:52am I actually looked it up on Google.com. Amazing what I do when I'm bored. You'll be pleased to know that there were only two hits for it. Mike Godwin once said that video was a good digital valium for surfers, and Clay Shirky was extolling the virtues of a piece of software using the same phrase. So soon there'll be 3 hits on Google once it finds this particular post. And you'll go down in history as possibly on the third person in history ever to post that phrase. Isn't that great?

Tales of Losing My Forum Virginity: "I post, therefore I spam." - Descartes.

Says it all really.
Sat 23/02/02 at 03:52
Regular
You've been watching us for 3 days?! you perv :P

Nice Review of Ecks VS Sever by the way.
Sat 23/02/02 at 03:35
Regular
"relocated"
OK so this is my first post and it's, what, 3am on a Friday night so I am the tiniest little bit the worse for wear. Apologies, then, in advance for anything inappropriate I might say or any unwanted declarations of love that might slip out. Since this IS my first post I won't be claiming that any of you are my besht, besht friends. That will happen next Friday.

Right so the point of this post is that although I've been thinking about posting for a while - and even registered a few days ago - its taken until now to actually do it. Oh, if only you all weren't so witty and interesting, I wouldn't need the dutch courage of a skinfull to join in the discussion! Of course, it's a stupid way to do it cos after a few beers my rapier-like wit has all the cutting edge of a plastic light-sabre. But what's a newbie to do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.