GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Instructions for your new console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/02/02 at 22:42
Regular
Change the sheets, get out the best crockery, polish that table. Yes, it will soon be time for many new visitors to be received. The X-box and Gamecube will soon be made welcome in a lot of homes, but perhaps as you rush to open that box and plug the mess of cables into their respective slots, you should stop and savour the moment?

There is nothing to compare to having that console box in your living room/bedroom just knowing that any minute you will have your hands on a brand new shiny console. This is the moment that gets your heart racing, just preparing to lift that first flap or tear away the sellotape from the lid of the box to reveal the neatly packed new machine underneath.

As you slide the virgin white polystyrene from the box, yet to glimpse the console inside, just stop to smell that new console aroma and look at the console as you will never see it again. Slowly opening the bags holding your new family member, take a small moment to watch how the light refracts from the shiny surface of the plastic casing and feel the rush as you untie those cable ties to finally reach the sacred three pin plug.

In less than an hour, your new console will seem so much at home that you will never go back to that moment when you first introduced it to your home. Even sliding the console back in the box will not recapture that exciting and pulse racing moment, so remember to savour every tiny moment that it gives you before you finally pump the power through the system.

When the console is placed on its newly polished surface and the leads have been carefully put in their correct places, just take another moment. Not long, just a few seconds to remember how it feels before you enter the hallowed halls of new gaming. Once you have done this, you are finally ready to open your mind to the feeling of switching on the machine. Make sure that the television is turned on and warm, so that you capture every single moment of the new machine starting up, don’t be in a hurry to press any buttons just yet and don’t put in any CDs, just watch that lovely logo and get ready to experience the magical menu screens.

Finally, when you have explored the wonders of the menus and settings, turn off that console and slowly insert your first game. Breath, for this is the moment before the console is fully prepared, and after this there is no going back. Now turn on and bathe in the glory of new gaming.

And remember, you won’t feel like this again until your next new console, so relish it.
Sat 15/09/12 at 12:39
Regular
Made the mistake of looking at the weather forecast for sun, looks like wet to v.wet from 10 ish/midday. Anyone out early?, or a evening ride today (sat) may be in order for me.
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:54
Regular
"One More Chance"
I am really going to enjoy opening the Game Cube (hopefully on release day) I will take my time and as you said relish the moment, I will also relish the moment when I put Super Smash Brothers Melee in the GC. When I opened the N64 as TomUK said I just ripped it open.
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Best console I've ever opened was the Megadrive. Everything about that console
> ruled.

> SNES was great too... but the Megadrive will always have a very
> special room in my heart. With digital tv and a mini disc player.

Oh. My god.

I totally and utterly agree with you. Grix, this is getting serious! We've got to do something about this!
Sat 23/02/02 at 14:25
Regular
lol
Sat 23/02/02 at 12:40
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm not getting any new console and I don't have any because I rule :D

*cries*
Sat 23/02/02 at 12:01
Regular
Best console I've ever opened was the Megadrive. Everything about that console ruled.

SNES was great too... but the Megadrive will always have a very special room in my heart. With digital tv and a mini disc player.
Sat 23/02/02 at 10:51
"slightlyshortertagl"
hmmmmmmmmmmm,

pb, this post seems a little over done.........is it not?
Sat 23/02/02 at 10:25
"possibly impossible"
Ah, but it's all part of the experience. After all, you want to savor the moment for as long as possible, so why not see that logo screen again and experience the complete game right from the part where you turn on the power?
Fri 22/02/02 at 23:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Lol... Pb, you still don't have to power off :p

Sonic
Fri 22/02/02 at 23:31
"possibly impossible"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> "Finally, when you have explored the wonders of the menus and settings,
> turn off that console and slowly insert your first game. "

Lol.... PB-
> still living in the times before optical media storage consoles came
> out!

Sonic

Don't be so picky Sonic! You still have to insert the disc! *mumble mumble* ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.