GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas! Is it to early?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/09/07 at 21:32
Regular
I have just heard an Advert for Christmas (Cash Savers I think). Jingle bell's and all. No wonder people get fed up before it's here.

Do you think that shops. Like Highways on the way to Nowich start decorating to early. Oh by the way It's already opened for shoppers.

I personally love christmas, and it doesn't bother me when i hear a christmas song..or see a shop getting ready for the christmas period.

What are your opinion's?
Tue 23/10/07 at 20:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I went out shopping this weekend and heard quite a few christmas songs in shops.

They're not even waiting for bonfire night to be over.
Mon 22/10/07 at 23:58
Regular
I work in Tkmaxx.. and there belting out xmas songs, like deck the halls.... and wish It could be christmas everyday, its irratating its october for goodness sake...
Sun 21/10/07 at 21:00
"Was the man of marz"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Have you seen the latest Argos advert - some woman looking
> through the Argos Xmas catalogue, whilst Roy Wood is next door
> playing "I Wish it Could Be Xmas Everyday" - she bangs
> on the wall, and tells him it's too early.
>
> I kind of liked that. Blatantly advertising their Xmas campaign,
> and admitting it is a bit early for mass marketing.

Isn't that hypocrisy?

It sickened me seeing that Argos advertisement just before this weekend. Normally big companies wait until after Halloween, and as someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas, November onwards worked for me. That’s when the best offers are to be had, before the made rush as the date closes in over inflates prices.
Thu 18/10/07 at 16:55
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Smedders wrote:
> We've had loads of catalogues through the post but most of the
> shops have halloween and bonfire night stuff in at the minute.
>
> However come November 6th......

Most places around here don't even wait for Halloween or bonfire night to pass! :(

Don't get me wrong I love Christmas it's just it shouldn't be brought up so early: reduces the 'specialness' of it all.
Thu 18/10/07 at 16:52
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Alfonse wrote:
> Christmas dinner won't be homemade this year, my family is going
> to order it.

:-o
That's not right! I suggest making your own!
Thu 18/10/07 at 16:52
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
DP
Thu 18/10/07 at 12:49
Regular
"not dead"
Have you seen the latest Argos advert - some woman looking through the Argos Xmas catalogue, whilst Roy Wood is next door playing "I Wish it Could Be Xmas Everyday" - she bangs on the wall, and tells him it's too early.

I kind of liked that. Blatantly advertising their Xmas campaign, and admitting it is a bit early for mass marketing.

I working Xmas this year. Not great, but I knew it would happen one year when I agreed to work on a rota.
Wed 17/10/07 at 19:16
Regular
Christmas dinner won't be homemade this year, my family is going to order it. That makes me feel like jumping out of a window.

God, I hate christmas.
Wed 17/10/07 at 18:56
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
We've had loads of catalogues through the post but most of the shops have halloween and bonfire night stuff in at the minute.

However come November 6th......
Tue 25/09/07 at 14:48
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
You can never be to early for xmas. Christmas isnt what it use to be many years ago. I think the earlier you can prepare for it the better. I say im going to start early sorting it out tho but never do :P

Its all hyped up, its a massive build up, and what for. For me its arguements over who is going to be where at xmas. Who's having the kids. What family is coming over etc...

Loads of people end up with money problems. Luckily i dont :) so thats good

Im yet to have a xmas where someone doesnt moan.

Its going to be my sons first xmas and i hate xmas. Its all about families and my familys like something out of a tv soap. All messed up!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.