GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Believeing in nothing, accepting everything"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/02/02 at 16:33
Regular
I was just reading Grixes ‘I’m scared crapless’ post, and I realized something. I would have posted it in there, but I don’t want to be overshadowed my Mr. Thraves.

I believe in nothing. My body is just a shelter for a mind that doesn’t particularly want anything. I am a waste of a human being.

What is my life? Well, it basically consists of routine. I go to school 5 days a week, and do as little as possible in lessons simply because I’m so used to just talking. Even when there is no one to talk to I don’t work, out of a habit garnered over the last few years. I just sit and update my list of ‘films I want to watch’ in my planner. I enjoy English lessons, but that’s about it.

Tuesday and Wednesday I work for an hour and a half serving food and washing up at an old peoples home. Strange thing is, after this is the only time when I feel like a real person, like I’m actually spending my time doing something worthwhile. I’d like to say that this is because I feel like I’m helping people, but it is more likely that this is just because I’m getting paid for it.

Friday nights I go out with my friends to a field, street, or if we’re lucky a house to get drunk and stoned. For a little while this was all I lived for, but after nearly 3 years of drinking the fun has worn off. My friends are perfectly happy because they’re relatively new to it, they can be happy just because they’re drunk.

In my free time, I post on here and watch movies. I work out occasionally, and play a few video games.

That is my life, in its entirety. You notice anything wrong with it?

I have no goal in life at all. My current plan is ‘well, it’d be quite nice to write books for a living’. But I don’t believe that I’m good enough. School and life have taught me one thing – never think that you’re ever going to be the best, because there is always someone better than you.

No religion, because science says it is impossible. Yet I hate the idea of science, because the basic idea of science is that we are all just the byproduct of a group of cells living together. That makes me feel…like just another part of life, instead of life itself. If that makes any sense.

I have nothing to inspire me. No broken home, no near fatal accident, no disease. I don’t know one person that has died. I’ve never done anything worth writing about, basically.

And in life, you should either do something worth writing or write something worth reading, I guess.

The point of this post? There is none. I can’t tell you how to live your life, because I don’t know anything about life. My emotions are so young, and so barely used, that I cannot begin to understand all of your challenging lives.

I am part of a species that has evolved so far that some members of it no longer need expericence any emotion.

I don’t feel anything.
Fri 22/02/02 at 16:33
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I was just reading Grixes ‘I’m scared crapless’ post, and I realized something. I would have posted it in there, but I don’t want to be overshadowed my Mr. Thraves.

I believe in nothing. My body is just a shelter for a mind that doesn’t particularly want anything. I am a waste of a human being.

What is my life? Well, it basically consists of routine. I go to school 5 days a week, and do as little as possible in lessons simply because I’m so used to just talking. Even when there is no one to talk to I don’t work, out of a habit garnered over the last few years. I just sit and update my list of ‘films I want to watch’ in my planner. I enjoy English lessons, but that’s about it.

Tuesday and Wednesday I work for an hour and a half serving food and washing up at an old peoples home. Strange thing is, after this is the only time when I feel like a real person, like I’m actually spending my time doing something worthwhile. I’d like to say that this is because I feel like I’m helping people, but it is more likely that this is just because I’m getting paid for it.

Friday nights I go out with my friends to a field, street, or if we’re lucky a house to get drunk and stoned. For a little while this was all I lived for, but after nearly 3 years of drinking the fun has worn off. My friends are perfectly happy because they’re relatively new to it, they can be happy just because they’re drunk.

In my free time, I post on here and watch movies. I work out occasionally, and play a few video games.

That is my life, in its entirety. You notice anything wrong with it?

I have no goal in life at all. My current plan is ‘well, it’d be quite nice to write books for a living’. But I don’t believe that I’m good enough. School and life have taught me one thing – never think that you’re ever going to be the best, because there is always someone better than you.

No religion, because science says it is impossible. Yet I hate the idea of science, because the basic idea of science is that we are all just the byproduct of a group of cells living together. That makes me feel…like just another part of life, instead of life itself. If that makes any sense.

I have nothing to inspire me. No broken home, no near fatal accident, no disease. I don’t know one person that has died. I’ve never done anything worth writing about, basically.

And in life, you should either do something worth writing or write something worth reading, I guess.

The point of this post? There is none. I can’t tell you how to live your life, because I don’t know anything about life. My emotions are so young, and so barely used, that I cannot begin to understand all of your challenging lives.

I am part of a species that has evolved so far that some members of it no longer need expericence any emotion.

I don’t feel anything.
Fri 22/02/02 at 16:37
Regular
"Excommunicated"
" I know I believe in nothing but it is my nothing "
Fri 22/02/02 at 16:58
It's very easy to feel the way you do. Loads of people go through the whole of their life thinking the way you do. At least you're questioning it.
Just because you haven't experienced as much as other people on this site it doesn't mean you don't have a life to live or that you're not special in some way. In many ways both Religion and science can tell you this. If you're religious, then you can believe you were created for a reason. If not then science can tell you almost the same thing. Chaos thery says a flap of a butterfly's wings can cause a hurricane on the other side of the world. How much more will your life affect the world?
Fri 22/02/02 at 17:06
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
For the most of that I would agree with you (except stoned and drunk, im a bit young) but I dont think its so bad. For example. You've never had disease. You'd probably complain if you had disease as well. Also that no-one has ever died in your life. Im sure underneath you're probably glad of that. I've had a relative die but it doesnt mean i've had an exciting or different life, but maybe even a more depressing one. Remember, though, it may seem that the glass is half empty (which is how I normally see it) but for purpose of conversation you must live life to the full! If you enjoy English, do some in your spare time. Write a short story, then a book! Practice and then your rule of osmeone always being better may be broken

This may sound like a load of nonsense but honestly its just a phase of life. To tell the truth I've yet to go through it but when I do im sure someone will tell me this, what im typing, and Ill probably not listen, as I guess you wont listen to me. Just remember though

Be happy :)!!!
Sat 23/02/02 at 15:38
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Fuzzy - don't ever start the drink and drugs part. Especialy not together.

*Cheese - throwing up every friday night, since last night*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.