GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hardware Id Missing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/08/12 at 18:05
Regular
Hi,

For the past week or so, whenever I connect my Samsung Galaxy SIII to the (W7) laptop, a popup is presented which says 'Hardware Id Missing...'.

What has happened and how do I permanently fix this?

Thanks,

Neil
Sat 01/09/12 at 22:45
Regular
Ummm...

Returned to the lappy tonight and it was back to the proverbial square one.

Not happy.

One of the only reasons I use USB Kies is for firmware updates that sometimes don't get pushed OTA.

N.

Another Edit: I just pulled the USB and re-plugged to the S III and it worked. This is very random.
Sat 01/09/12 at 20:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Neilj99 wrote:
Interesting thread.

N.

EDIT: I completely uninstalled Kies and the Samsung drivers, then reinstalled Kies, installed an available update, and it's all resolved itself.

Job's a gud'un ... told you about Kies! Just keep your options open in future and don't rely on Kies Updates! Glad you got it sorted though :¬)
Sat 01/09/12 at 13:40
Regular
Interesting thread.

N.

EDIT: I completely uninstalled Kies and the Samsung drivers, then reinstalled Kies, installed an available update, and it's all resolved itself.
Sat 01/09/12 at 11:50
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
@Neilj99

Seems I'm not the only one to dislike Kies ...

Hardware Id Missing
;¬)
Sat 01/09/12 at 11:43
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
I do everything via wifi - sync photos etc. etc.

Kies Air uses wi-fi and is quick and so easy to use compared to the 'bulky and bloated' Kies software - makes everything so simple, I use it all the time, especially with the granddaughter's photos! :¬)
Sat 01/09/12 at 10:03
"Are you sure?"
I can recommend MyPhoneExplorer for Android phones! You also need the desktop s/w

All free and works great for me :¬)

I do everything via wifi - sync photos etc. etc.
Useful for typing texts via PC rather than phone if you have a lot to write.

The only thing you need to use a USB connection for is to take snapshots of your screen.

I used to use MyPhoneExplorer back in the pre-smart phone days day with a simian phone so was happy when the developer re-wrote things for Android.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 31/08/12 at 22:55
Regular
I went off Kies for a while and used Companionlink.

Then there was a Kies update and it appeared for a time that they had fixed the issues I was having, so I started using it again.

N.
Fri 31/08/12 at 21:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Neilj99 wrote:
What has happened and how do I permanently fix this?

USB/Kies (latest update).

As far as I'm concerned Samsung Kies has got to be one of the worst pieces of software ever produced. I can't think that your problem is W7, it's more likely to be the Kies update! As for a solution...there isn't one!

The only one I've found is to uninstall Kies and use Kies Air. I've never had a successful time with Kies through XP, Vista and W7!
Fri 31/08/12 at 20:08
Regular
USB/Kies (latest update).

N.
Fri 31/08/12 at 19:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
How do you connect your Galaxy to your laptop?

USB? Kies? Kies Air?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.