GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advise me!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/09/00 at 23:38
Regular
What shall I claim as a Gameaday winner? (at last my genius has been acknowledged). I'm have a relatively low spec PC, only 24MB RAM, so any recent games are out until I save enough money to update it. I do however have access to an N64, and can borrow it off my brother anytime. My wife is a bit of a Pokemon fan, so she would like me to get Pokemon Stadium.
Any advise?
Sat 23/09/00 at 23:38
Regular
"not dead"
What shall I claim as a Gameaday winner? (at last my genius has been acknowledged). I'm have a relatively low spec PC, only 24MB RAM, so any recent games are out until I save enough money to update it. I do however have access to an N64, and can borrow it off my brother anytime. My wife is a bit of a Pokemon fan, so she would like me to get Pokemon Stadium.
Any advise?
Sun 24/09/00 at 01:52
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Most PC games require 32Mb nowadays to get the best out of them, so Nintendo seems to be your best option. (Congratulations on winning by the way!) As to which game you should get for the N64, depends what genre you like. If you like RPG's then get Zelda, if you like any other format then I am not the one to ask I'm afraid, although Goldeneye is still one of the best rivals to Metal Gear Solid around if you like the Stealth/Shooter type. If you are still not sure, I checked the reviews on Special Reserve before picking mine, as they are very unbiased and informative. If you do go for a PC game always check the specs. first just to make sure that your PC will run it ok.
Sun 24/09/00 at 01:59
Pokemon Stadium ??? Hmmm, no, I won't say THAT...
Yes, I will... It sux... :o)

However, you should always try to make your women happy, so get Pokemom, fergossake...
Sun 24/09/00 at 22:51
Regular
"not dead"
As it happens I've decided to buy a bit more RAM, and go for a PC game. Is the SIMs worth getting?
Sun 24/09/00 at 23:17
Firstly, get 128MB of RAM, it will speed your PC up generally and make your life much more worth while*
Secondly, the Sims is interesting, but it gets annoying when your characters start doing stupid things. I suggest Balder's Gate 2, or if you're not into RPGs then Deus EX or try Metal Gear Solid, it should be even better than the Playstation version.
Sun 24/09/00 at 23:21
Firstly, get 128MB of RAM, it will speed your PC up generally and make your life much more worth while*

*of course, this depends on your idea of happiness, it could be that you only need to upgrade your computer to feel ecstatic, or you could always meet the girl/guy of your dreams behind the counter of the computer shop and live happily ever after. Then again, it might just make you smile.
Mon 25/09/00 at 10:51
Regular
The sims is not bad but you haven't told us what type of games you like!
Mon 25/09/00 at 13:40
Regular
Now I need advice. I'm looking to get a N64 game. I might get ISS 2000 but I don't know if it's worth it.
I've also heard of a car stunt game called SF 2049 which IGN64 gave a pretty good score.
Mon 25/09/00 at 13:46
ISS 2000 is much better than the original, but personally I would get Zelda:Majora's Mask, it is so much better than the original game on the N64, but thats if you like RPG's.
Mon 25/09/00 at 14:08
Regular
Zelda: Majora's Mask would be a good games to get but it felt great when I got OoT at Chrimbo. I might as well get ISS 2000.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.