GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheats"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/02/02 at 12:15
Regular
Before I start, you notables leave me alone, I'm generally interested in this.

How many of you think that cheats should be put in games? Alot of developers do it, even though it can ruin enjoyment of a game. Nintendo NEVER put cheats in their games, thats a fact, and I respect them for that and wouldn't want to cheat anyway. I have never cheated in a game but the cheats are there, so some people must do.

So what do you think? Should developers keep putting button-codes in games or is it time for a change?

-M-
Fri 22/02/02 at 12:15
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Before I start, you notables leave me alone, I'm generally interested in this.

How many of you think that cheats should be put in games? Alot of developers do it, even though it can ruin enjoyment of a game. Nintendo NEVER put cheats in their games, thats a fact, and I respect them for that and wouldn't want to cheat anyway. I have never cheated in a game but the cheats are there, so some people must do.

So what do you think? Should developers keep putting button-codes in games or is it time for a change?

-M-
Fri 22/02/02 at 12:37
Regular
"I confused?"
I reckon cheats are a good thing as when you've completed a game you can unlock more. But if you cheat to complete to win a game have you really won?
Fri 22/02/02 at 13:15
I think cheats are bad when you use them to complete a game but there are some fun cheats that don't help you to complete the game and I like them!
Fri 22/02/02 at 14:08
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
The problem with cheats is that people who claim to have completed a game (without saying they used cheatm even though they did) are putting down the 'good' gamers who complete a game through no cheats but through sleepless nights and enjoying themselves. And those who say cheats are good. What's a game without a challenge? (Rugrats! only jokin :) ). So all you cheaters out there. Dont steal respect off people who succeed without cheats. He he he.
Fri 22/02/02 at 18:51
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Cheats to get further in games are bad in my opinion, but funny cheats like disco mode, paintball, big-head mode etc are fine just for a laff. GoldenEye and Perfect Dark did it best, where you actually earn the cheats.
Fri 22/02/02 at 19:04
"©opy Right™"
The problem with cheats is thaat half of them stick even when you restart thr game.
Fri 22/02/02 at 19:58
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
messiah_4_ever wrote:
GoldenEye
> and Perfect Dark did it best, where you actually earn the cheats.

Exactly - it took a year and months b4 anyone got a hold of these cheats! my my it was a revelation
Fri 22/02/02 at 20:32
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
messiah_4_ever, is your user name based on a certian playstation 2 modification device, if so good for you. Even though notables will prob kill you for it
Fri 22/02/02 at 23:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Cheats do not have to ruin a game. Certainly when cheats allow you to skip levels, gain an unfair advantage over a human player or generally miss the point of the game then cheats are certainly not worth implimenting.

However, when cheats are used to give you more variation in a game, have comical effect or prolong games then they are definately a good thing. The addition of the cheats menu in Goldeneye was ingenius. Not only did each cheat add some dimension to the game, but just getting the cheats required lots of replay... which was never a chore!

Sonic
Fri 22/02/02 at 23:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Why did you tell notables to leave you alone?

They don't bite. It's ok.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.