GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Mario: This Is Your Life."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/02/02 at 11:59
Regular
Hello, I’m the BBCs Michael Aspel, presenter of “This Is Your Life”.
Today is a very special video game edition of the programme, and I’m in Japan, waiting for our guest to arrive at the first play test of his latest adventure.
He’s had an amazingly successful career spanning over 20 years now, and his popularity shows no signs of fading.
Our guest is apparently more recognisable than Mickey Mouse.
Lets go and meet him.

Michael creeps into the gaming test studio, clutching the famous ‘red book’ and walks up to our hero.

Michael-“Mario….this is your life!

Mario-looking surprised, “Mamma Mia!!”

*Cue the “This Is Your Life” theme tune*

*Cut to BBC studio*

Mario walks in and sits on the comfy chair.
Luigi, Princess and Toad walk in.

Michael-“Luigi, you’ve known Mario all your life, tell us about him.”

Luigi-“Well Michael, Mario has always been the best video game hero, I’ve put up with living in his shadow for many years, until having my own adventure in a haunted mansion recently.”
“He’s had some superficial competition from a pathetic blue hedgehog down the years, but he’s always come out on top with fans and critics alike.”
“He’s the best. Well done Mario.”

Princess-“Mario, you’ve saved me so many times down the years I must be quite a pain…” *Cut to Mario, nodding in agreement*
“But I greatly appreciate your assistance. You drop everything and save me. Have a great night.”

Michael-“Mario, you first appeared in 1981 in “Donkey Kong”, originally to be named “Jumpman”, you were a young pixelated hero trying to, what a surprise, rescue a damsel in distress. It was a revolutionary title with a big bad boss…..”

*Voice over the loudspeaker...*

“Yes, and I would have won if it wasn’t for you meddling plumber!”

Michael-“Ladies and gentlemen, live via satellite from the set of his new movie, “Monkey See Monkey Do” its Donkey Kong!”

DK-“Hello Mario, I threw enough barrels to sink a battleship in that game. You proved a worthy adversary and I hope you have a long future.”
“Now, where are those bananas?....”

Michael-“As well as starring in “Mario Bros”, you also found huge success in “Super Mario Bros 1, 2 & 3” on the NES, with millions of fans still playing emulators of those titles today.”
“The leap onto the SNES gave us what still remains a landmark game, “Super Mario World.”
“Please welcome the cast to “Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3 & World”

*Half an hour passes as the huge amount of characters pack into the studio*

Mario-“I certainly had my work cut out finishing those epics. Fiendish puzzles, platforms and bosses.”

Michael-“Yes, but more about Bowser later. In “Mario World”, we were introduced to your green lizard friend, Yoshi. Here he is, all the way from Mario World, it’s Yoshi.”

Yoshi-“@*wsgpaqndc@#

Michael-“Oh yes, he can’t speak a word of English! Yoshi would later go on to find more success in his own adventures, “Yoshi’s Island” (complete with a younger Mario), and “Yoshi’s Story”.

Michael-“Unlike many other games characters like Sonic & Crash Bandicoot, you found success in diversifying into other genres. “Super Mario Kart” is one of those achievements.”

Mario-“Yes, Mario Kart on the SNES is still one of my favourite games, and I regularly play 2 player GPs with Luigi.”

Michael-“With the success of previous consoles behind you, the N64 allowed you to advance into the 3rd dimension. “Mario 64” is still regarded as one of the all time greats.”
“It wasn’t always platforming and racing though, you even found time to play a round of golf or two, tennis and even the odd fight.”
“Please welcome the players from “Mario Golf” and “Mario Tennis” and the combatants from “Super Smash Brothers.”
“Link, Samus and Pikachu from Smash Bros are all working on next generation games, so are unavailable tonight. However, Pikachu sent this message earlier.”

Pikachu-“PIKACHUUU...PIKA..PIKA!!!”

Michael-“Yes, thanks for that Pikachu. And via satellite, his image hidden behind a black screen as to hide his mystery appearance, it’s Link.”

Link-“Hi Mario, when I first heard of a Mario beat em up I thought it was a joke, but you invited me onto the project and I had great fun. Oh, and about my new appearance.....”

Michael-“Oh, sorry, we appear to have lost the transmission just as Link was going to reveal all the surprises.”
“It wasn’t only games either. Hollywood executives approached you about the idea about making your life into a film. However, the Mario Bros movie turned out a bit of a stinker.”
“In the studio tonight is the star of that stinker, Bob Hoskins.”

Bob-“Alright Marvin, ow ya doin me old china?..oh sorry, yer name's Mario.”
“Ya see, I’ve been trying to get the word Mario out of my ed for the last decade because of ow bad that movie was.”
“Never mind though, the film got me loads of money, so who cares!!”

Michael-“Mario, we look forward to your latest adventure, “Mario Sunshine” with great anticipation, and having introduced all the hundreds of cast members from Mario’s games, we’re running out of room in the studio, so we’ll give the last word to Princess.”

Princess-..........

Michael-“Where is she???”

Mario-“Mamma Mia, not again!”

Bowser-“Yes, I have your precious Princess. If you want her back you’ll have to progress through many diverse levels and face me in a final confrontation!”

Mario-“Oh forget it....anyone for Mario Tennis?”

Michael-“Mario, this is your life!”

THE END.

Thank You.
Wed 22/08/12 at 14:09
We're looking at a jaunt from the Hare & Hounds tonight.

Meeting in time for a 17:45 departure ;)

Route to be decided............
Sun 24/02/02 at 16:51
Regular
"One More Chance"
Well Spike2K won twice in 2 days, he beat my review :(
Sun 24/02/02 at 16:02
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
You managed to tickle my fancy, too, in a few places there Totoro. GAD-worthy definately, but are SR feeling generous enough to give a GAD 3 days after your last one? Let's hope so, for your sake! :)
Sun 24/02/02 at 15:29
Regular
"One More Chance"
Yer a good read there Totoro. You should do anouther one for someone, maybe Sonic or even Banjo Kazooie or how ever you spell it.
Sat 23/02/02 at 18:04
Regular
Damn :(

I was going to do a very similar thing not long ago, but never had the time....

Well done though! This is much better than I could've seen mine becomming!
Fri 22/02/02 at 22:05
Regular
This is very very good, Im suprised Ive never though of it before
Fri 22/02/02 at 18:43
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Thanks for the good feedback. Much appreciated. Come to think of it, i don't really know why Pikachu forced his little sparky yellow hide into the story??!!Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Fri 22/02/02 at 17:19
Regular
very very very very very very very funny.
Fri 22/02/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
BRILLIANT POST!!!
'Totoro....this is your GAD!' - That's what you should be hearing on Monday!

I laughed when Bob Hoskins appeared, but why Pikachu??
Surely he and Mario have never been that close before, except for Super Smash Bros. and the fact that they're both Nintendo-exclusive characters!??
It was a great read anyway!
Fri 22/02/02 at 11:59
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Hello, I’m the BBCs Michael Aspel, presenter of “This Is Your Life”.
Today is a very special video game edition of the programme, and I’m in Japan, waiting for our guest to arrive at the first play test of his latest adventure.
He’s had an amazingly successful career spanning over 20 years now, and his popularity shows no signs of fading.
Our guest is apparently more recognisable than Mickey Mouse.
Lets go and meet him.

Michael creeps into the gaming test studio, clutching the famous ‘red book’ and walks up to our hero.

Michael-“Mario….this is your life!

Mario-looking surprised, “Mamma Mia!!”

*Cue the “This Is Your Life” theme tune*

*Cut to BBC studio*

Mario walks in and sits on the comfy chair.
Luigi, Princess and Toad walk in.

Michael-“Luigi, you’ve known Mario all your life, tell us about him.”

Luigi-“Well Michael, Mario has always been the best video game hero, I’ve put up with living in his shadow for many years, until having my own adventure in a haunted mansion recently.”
“He’s had some superficial competition from a pathetic blue hedgehog down the years, but he’s always come out on top with fans and critics alike.”
“He’s the best. Well done Mario.”

Princess-“Mario, you’ve saved me so many times down the years I must be quite a pain…” *Cut to Mario, nodding in agreement*
“But I greatly appreciate your assistance. You drop everything and save me. Have a great night.”

Michael-“Mario, you first appeared in 1981 in “Donkey Kong”, originally to be named “Jumpman”, you were a young pixelated hero trying to, what a surprise, rescue a damsel in distress. It was a revolutionary title with a big bad boss…..”

*Voice over the loudspeaker...*

“Yes, and I would have won if it wasn’t for you meddling plumber!”

Michael-“Ladies and gentlemen, live via satellite from the set of his new movie, “Monkey See Monkey Do” its Donkey Kong!”

DK-“Hello Mario, I threw enough barrels to sink a battleship in that game. You proved a worthy adversary and I hope you have a long future.”
“Now, where are those bananas?....”

Michael-“As well as starring in “Mario Bros”, you also found huge success in “Super Mario Bros 1, 2 & 3” on the NES, with millions of fans still playing emulators of those titles today.”
“The leap onto the SNES gave us what still remains a landmark game, “Super Mario World.”
“Please welcome the cast to “Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3 & World”

*Half an hour passes as the huge amount of characters pack into the studio*

Mario-“I certainly had my work cut out finishing those epics. Fiendish puzzles, platforms and bosses.”

Michael-“Yes, but more about Bowser later. In “Mario World”, we were introduced to your green lizard friend, Yoshi. Here he is, all the way from Mario World, it’s Yoshi.”

Yoshi-“@*wsgpaqndc@#

Michael-“Oh yes, he can’t speak a word of English! Yoshi would later go on to find more success in his own adventures, “Yoshi’s Island” (complete with a younger Mario), and “Yoshi’s Story”.

Michael-“Unlike many other games characters like Sonic & Crash Bandicoot, you found success in diversifying into other genres. “Super Mario Kart” is one of those achievements.”

Mario-“Yes, Mario Kart on the SNES is still one of my favourite games, and I regularly play 2 player GPs with Luigi.”

Michael-“With the success of previous consoles behind you, the N64 allowed you to advance into the 3rd dimension. “Mario 64” is still regarded as one of the all time greats.”
“It wasn’t always platforming and racing though, you even found time to play a round of golf or two, tennis and even the odd fight.”
“Please welcome the players from “Mario Golf” and “Mario Tennis” and the combatants from “Super Smash Brothers.”
“Link, Samus and Pikachu from Smash Bros are all working on next generation games, so are unavailable tonight. However, Pikachu sent this message earlier.”

Pikachu-“PIKACHUUU...PIKA..PIKA!!!”

Michael-“Yes, thanks for that Pikachu. And via satellite, his image hidden behind a black screen as to hide his mystery appearance, it’s Link.”

Link-“Hi Mario, when I first heard of a Mario beat em up I thought it was a joke, but you invited me onto the project and I had great fun. Oh, and about my new appearance.....”

Michael-“Oh, sorry, we appear to have lost the transmission just as Link was going to reveal all the surprises.”
“It wasn’t only games either. Hollywood executives approached you about the idea about making your life into a film. However, the Mario Bros movie turned out a bit of a stinker.”
“In the studio tonight is the star of that stinker, Bob Hoskins.”

Bob-“Alright Marvin, ow ya doin me old china?..oh sorry, yer name's Mario.”
“Ya see, I’ve been trying to get the word Mario out of my ed for the last decade because of ow bad that movie was.”
“Never mind though, the film got me loads of money, so who cares!!”

Michael-“Mario, we look forward to your latest adventure, “Mario Sunshine” with great anticipation, and having introduced all the hundreds of cast members from Mario’s games, we’re running out of room in the studio, so we’ll give the last word to Princess.”

Princess-..........

Michael-“Where is she???”

Mario-“Mamma Mia, not again!”

Bowser-“Yes, I have your precious Princess. If you want her back you’ll have to progress through many diverse levels and face me in a final confrontation!”

Mario-“Oh forget it....anyone for Mario Tennis?”

Michael-“Mario, this is your life!”

THE END.

Thank You.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.