GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zulu game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/12/02 at 13:23
Regular
Okay my idea is that you play as the British army officer from the film 'ZULU DAWN' and can issue commands to all 2000 of your troops. It's first person and you start with a rifle and sword like the film guy. You also have a bayonet on your gun. You pick up ammo from dead comrades or go to the armoury. You can also steal Zulu shields and spears. You can issue squad commands like 'move to this position!' and assemble bodyguards and stuff. As in the film there are cavalry, footsoldiers, and artillery men, all fighting with the african Zulus around you. The game area would be as big as possible with sand-bag walls and huts everwhere. It wouldn't be mission based, but broken up into different objectives like securing forts or prottecting christian missionaries. I'd really love to see this game come out
Thu 02/01/03 at 21:00
Regular
"The World is Dead"
i agree with Machine1 on this.

It's a shame stuff like that happens. So many good games could be made but won't because of fear of being labeled as racists.
Mon 30/12/02 at 02:11
Regular
"I see you"
With todays racial disputes a game like this would cause lots of controversy and would instantly be banned with no questions asked.
In fact it would not even be considered for development as the games companies would fear their names would be shamed for all of eternity and they would be known as racists.
Mon 09/12/02 at 20:37
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
hello

how are you?

Mr Zulu
Mon 09/12/02 at 20:29
Regular
"PS2 4 eva"
Thanks. Yeah they did have only 200 but what the hell... I changed it to the film zulu dawn when i realised 200 was too few.
Mon 09/12/02 at 19:12
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Sounds like a fantastic game to me, would ya get a michael cane accent to boot?

Didn't they only have 200 soldiers? Or am i thinking of the wrong zulu film here?
Mon 09/12/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
King of gamez wrote:
> Really? I didn't know. I'm not being sarcastic. So it came out on PC?
> I haven't seen it anywhere! Better get back to the drawing board.

You don't need to tell us.
Mon 09/12/02 at 18:43
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
King of gamez wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
> Okey wrote:
> I'd really love to see this game come out.
>
> It isn't though, sorry to wreck your dreams.
> lol
>
> Shut your trap!

Yes, your majesty, King of Gamez, (lol). Just telling it like it is.
Mon 09/12/02 at 17:35
Regular
"PS2 4 eva"
J-42 wrote:
> Okey wrote:
> I'd really love to see this game come out.
>
> It isn't though, sorry to wreck your dreams.
> lol

Shut your trap!
Mon 09/12/02 at 17:34
Regular
"PS2 4 eva"
Really? I didn't know. I'm not being sarcastic. So it came out on PC? I haven't seen it anywhere! Better get back to the drawing board.
Mon 09/12/02 at 16:44
"Darth Vader 3442321"
A similar has already come out: The Battle of Rourke's Drift. Not on a console though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.